Package Delivery Issue (1 Viewer)

Bill_Man618

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I had a package that was supposed to come in today and marked as delivered. However USPS said that it was deliver at the “front desk/reception/mail room” and the package wasn’t in my mailbox. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you remedy it?

Contact your post office for your zip code and tell them about it. I had a package "delivered" in a similar manner, gave a shout to the PO, and it showed up in my mailbox within a day or two.

When I lived in an apartment packages were to the office and more than once I had to ask them to double check where they stored the packages for the complex, because it was marked as delivered.

And a couple times in my home, it was marked but delivered next day or 2.

I had this happen to me recently -- a package was marked "delivered" to my office building but wasn't there. I thought it might have been locked in our office building mailroom or delivered to the wrong mailbox slot, but I was able to catch one of the mail people (he picked up the mail, but didn't deliver it.) who checked, and it wasn't there. After that there were 3 things I ended up doing:

1) He gave me the phone number for 'customer affairs' in a local post office, they said it might have been a "bad scan" where it was scanned as delivered, but wasn't, and they took my info and number and opened a case.

2) I also opened a case through the usps website for delivery issues.

3) I then also went to the nearest post office in person with the tracking number and other information; they then sent me to a different post office in the city that manages the deliveries and said I should request to speak to a "zone XX supervisor" (at least in DC they have different zones for deliveries). When I went, no supervisor was there but they took my information and phone number.

I never heard anything back by phone or email, but 2 business days after I went to the post office in person, the package showed up in our mail slot in our office building.

All told, it was 6 business days after the false "delivery" notice for it to show up, but it got delivered.

I had this happen to me recently -- a package was marked "delivered" to my office building but wasn't there. I thought it might have been locked in our office building mailroom or delivered to the wrong mailbox slot, but I was able to catch one of the mail people (he picked up the mail, but didn't deliver it.) who checked, and it wasn't there. After that there were 3 things I ended up doing:

1) He gave me the phone number for 'customer affairs' in a local post office, they said it might have been a "bad scan" where it was scanned as delivered, but wasn't, and they took my info and number and opened a case.

2) I also opened a case through the usps website for delivery issues.

3) I then also went to the nearest post office in person with the tracking number and other information; they then sent me to a different post office in the city that manages the deliveries and said I should request to speak to a "zone XX supervisor" (at least in DC they have different zones for deliveries). When I went, no supervisor was there but they took my information and phone number.

I never heard anything back by phone or email, but 2 business days after I went to the post office in person, the package showed up in our mail slot in our office building.

All told, it was 6 business days after the false "delivery" notice for it to show up, but it got delivered.
Thanks man! I’m confident it’ll get delivered at some point, but I wasn’t sure what to do so I appreciate you letting me know how you did it.

You're welcome. This was just last month. First time it ever happened. And it was stressful for me, thinking there was a lost package. I was pretty sure it wasn't stolen, because our building has security.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom