pace of play? (1 Viewer)

CTD

Waiting List
Reaction score
We play a monthly tournament style no Holdem league at my place. Typically 8 players, all friends. Three super solid players, five so-so. We have been averaging 5 or 6 hands per 12 min blind. And that is with multiple clock stoppages while people ponder. Most of the deliberation is happening pre flop. Of course the so-so players are slow and they're driving the solid players nuts. how many hands do you average a blind? I feel like 10-12 should be more in line. And at least 8 per blind. I'm not seeing enough hands and the slooow pace is throwing me off my game. Am I a d-bag if I say something to the offenders?

Pace of play is a huge problem at my game too. Drives me insane.

The worst part is when one person, when action is on him, ignores the action to engage in conversation with someone while the rest of the table is waiting for him to do something. The fun loving drunk who doesn't really gamble. Hard to play poker sometimes.

Averaging 5 or 6 hands per 12 min blind = 25 - 30 hands per hour. That's damn fast for a self dealt game. Respectable even for a professional dealer.

Count yourself lucky -=- DrStrange

Agree, 2 minutes per hand at a full or near-full table is pretty decent. Our group plays relatively quickly these days, and a full table (9) usually manages a full orbit with 15-minute blinds. We do use a dedicated dealer, which does speed up things a bit.

Shouldn't be stopping the clock to allow the people to "ponder " by the way.

Played a neighborhood game w/ 15 minute blind levels a couple months back. The table was a gross 12-handed hot-mess... The game got (I'm not kidding) 4 hands in before the blinds went up. It took three blind levels to get in one orbit... After that first orbit, my previously stubborn host finally acquiesced and used two decks (at my prompting)....

You could also introduce a 2nd deck to keep the pace of gameplay moving smoothly. The issue I've found in my game is novices who want to stack their chips when they just won a big pot, meanwhile the action (or deal) is on them. They don't understand the "stack your chips on your own time" rule unless you make them aware.

You could also introduce a 2nd deck to keep the pace of gameplay moving smoothly. The issue I've found in my game is novices who want to stack their chips when they just won a big pot, meanwhile the action (or deal) is on them. They don't understand the "stack your chips on your own time" rule unless you make them aware.
but is there a better feeling than stacking your chips after u won a big pot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom