OWPS provider? (1 Viewer)

SixSpeedFury

Full House
Reaction score
Does anyone know who the provider of ceramic chips used to be for OWPS? I am looking to add on to my tournament set.

He used both Sun-Fly and ABC blanks, depending on what you have and when it was made. Gene did most of the printing.

since I had an existing OWPS question, might as well piggyback this thread...

did Gene acquire the art too? I’m trying to source who did the art for the Mayfair sets several years ago to get their permission to use it (I own the original location of the actual Mayfair,so would be awesome to get a set—especially with the GB happening). If anyone knows, would appreciate a lead. They were a part of this buy. I’m pretty new here so forgive me if I got anything mixed up, I hope I’m going through the proper channels lol

since I had an existing OWPS question, might as well piggyback this thread...

did Gene acquire the art too? I’m trying to source who did the art for the Mayfair sets several years ago to get their permission to use it (I own the original location of the actual Mayfair,so would be awesome to get a set—especially with the GB happening). If anyone knows, would appreciate a lead. They were a part of this buy. I’m pretty new here so forgive me if I got anything mixed up, I hope I’m going through the proper channels lol

No. As of now, that artwork is long gone. Might be hope for the future though, who knows?

No. As of now, that artwork is long gone. Might be hope for the future though, who knows?
That’s so unfortunate. Does that mean, as far as chipping ethics are concerned, it’s in the “public domain“ so to speak? At some point in the future, would I be able to show the original mockup to a designer and have them recreate it to make a set?

Thanks a lot for the info and input, I’m too new to be stepping on any toes :D

That’s so unfortunate. Does that mean, as far as chipping ethics are concerned, it’s in the “public domain“ so to speak? At some point in the future, would I be able to show the original mockup to a designer and have them recreate it to make a set?

My guess is no, it’s not fair use or public domain or whatever. I’d think that Sal’s family owns the artwork rights based on what I’ve read here before.

I wouldn’t have anyone remake the artwork personally, and you could always start a WTB listing hoping to shake some loose.

My guess is no, it’s not fair use or public domain or whatever. I’d think that Sal’s family owns the artwork rights based on what I’ve read here before.

I wouldn’t have anyone remake the artwork personally, and you could always start a WTB listing hoping to shake some loose.
Gotcha, thanks for the input I really appreciate it!

Gene @ABC Gifts and Awards might be able to supply you with more info if you PM him.

Gene @ABC Gifts and Awards might be able to supply you with more info if you PM him.
^This. But he's been relatively close-to-the-vest about it, so don't be surprised if you don't get any answers.

He did try to obtain permission and/or ownership for Sal's artwork, but there were legal issues than he and Sal's family/estate were unable to resolve. It is not in the public domain.

Appreciate the advice gentlemen, I can understand it being sensitive. Not trying to stomp any toes or reignite any family feuds lol, I shot Gene a hail Mary but if worse comes to worst I can always put out some WTB blasts and try to compile a set from the original run.

Does anyone know who the provider of ceramic chips used to be for OWPS? I am looking to add on to my tournament set.
Won't bug ya with a PM, but if you had any extras made, I bet you could sell a sample set :whistle: :whistling:
(I own the original location of the actual Mayfair,so would be awesome to get a set—especially with the GB happening)
Man noone even commented on that specific part? Way cool man!

Man noone even commented on that specific part? Way cool man!
Thanks bud, glad you appreciate it as much as I do haha. My dad used to live a few floors up and would play bridge there; when Alvin Roth moved the Mayfair further downtown, my dad took the first opportunity to buy the whole thing, minus half of what used to be the kitchen--been the family office ever since. Nuts to think I work/play in the same space so many legends passed through. Most of my friends don't appreciate that particular aspect of it, since they're not poker nuts, but they do think it's cool they're playing in "the Chesterfield Club" :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Once the COVID dust settles a touch more, open invite to everyone on here. Hoping to host some PCFers at the old Mayfair sooner rather than later!
IMG_2604.JPG

(Ignore the lack of chairs, I took the glory shot before preparing for clients I promise they're comfy and swivel you won't be standing lol)

So I reached out to Gene and they are definitely not ABC blanks. I ordered my set in 2014 and Gene started working with Sal in 2016. @SUN-FLY Poker Chips, is this you guys? Added pics for reference.
20170319_200440-1.jpg
20170319_194657-1.jpg

If they are glossy edges, probably Sun-Fly.

So I reached out to Gene and they are definitely not ABC blanks. I ordered my set in 2014 and Gene started working with Sal in 2016. @SUN-FLY Poker Chips, is this you guys? Added pics for reference.
Sorry I wasn't in charge of our chip business until early this year, we kept our history order records in a secured server and I don't have access to that server for security reasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom