Oversized raised rail table build (1 Viewer)

timinater

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Thought I’d share my table. Built it around 7-8 years ago if memory serves and has been a workhorse ever since.

Took my inspiration for the wider, raised rail from the older WSOP final tables. Always thought it was a classic look.

5” wide rail that is raised 3/4” to allow for a custom printed “rink boards” with our poker leagues logo.

Don’t mind the basement or chairs. They are a work in progress ;)

F21FAF62-C868-4C16-8BFF-492BADBB9D5F.jpeg
6AEF5FDA-AD0F-4259-B9F0-C12EA4F92F88.jpeg
4E5ADB68-F15D-4BC0-814A-20161183D860.jpeg

C9B8B270-EC1F-47CA-B4F0-5F43C014E081.jpeg

Making a cameo is @franimal 's table, but I’ll let him brag about his own.

Last edited:
Looks good! Any issues with the color of the rail vinyl? Does is get pretty dirty over the course of a few games?

Give me a half hour and I can get those two wrinkles out of the vinyl rail.

Any details on the rink boards?

EDIT: I have that same tournament timer, LOL. Been using it for at least 10 years.

Last edited:
Looks good! Any issues with the color of the rail vinyl? Does is get pretty dirty over the course of a few games?

If it does, it's not that noticeable and hides dirt decent enough. I do give it a wipe now and then though.

Give me a half hour and I can get those two wrinkles out of the vinyl rail.

Any details on the rink boards?

Yeah... I could get the wrinkles out... but just living with 'em. :rolleyes:

As for the detail on the boards... We found some white plastic/acrylic strips at Home Depot or Lowes. It was about 1/4" thick and flexible enough to fit the curves nicely. I wish I remember what they were called. Next time I'm in a store like that I'll try and track it down.

Trade secret or are you able to divulge your method?

Remove the staples around the wrinkle. Pull the center (of that unstapled section) taught and restaple. Do the same for the (now two) unstapled areas. Pull tight and re-staple. Repeat (always going from the middle of any unstapled section) until the rail is all re-stapled. Always pull directly away from the table edge (here, the outer rail edge). When you pull at an angle, you eventually get a wrinkle.

We found some white plastic/acrylic strips at Home Depot or Lowes. It was about 1/4" thick and flexible enough to fit the curves nicely. I wish I remember what they were called. Next time I'm in a store like that I'll try and track it down.

So how did you get your league logo on the strips? Looks great.

Remove the staples around the wrinkle. Pull the center (of that unstapled section) taught and restaple. Do the same for the (now two) unstapled areas. Pull tight and re-staple. Repeat (always going from the middle of any unstapled section) until the rail is all re-stapled. Always pull directly away from the table edge (here, the outer rail edge). When you pull at an angle, you eventually get a wrinkle.
Awesome, will be trying this in an upcoming project, thank you!

EDIT: I have that same tournament timer, LOL. Been using it for at least 10 years.

It's awesome. Been using it forever too. Only gripe was it was so loud. Not sure how, but a friends Dad hot-wired in a volume control for me. Beyond my skills though so all I can tell you is that it is do-able. (y) :thumbsup:

Here’s something close to what I used. Just make sure it’s decently flexible to go around the curves. We ripped the sheets to size, then you can peel off the protective film.
F9DDBC11-1BC6-45C6-84AE-8A18949B2148.jpeg5E4ED885-7950-4FEE-9FD9-01A01D6CEFA1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom