Oversized Poker Chip Carrying Cases (3 Viewers)

21dealer

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Are there carrying or storage cases for oversized Poker chips on the market?

Can you define "overized"? There are so many different sizes beyond 39mm. 40, 43, 44, 47, 48, etc. It kinda depends on which ones you're talking about specifically.

Okay, so there should be two solutions that you could use.
  • The first is to purchase Matsui style racks (Apache makes the knockoff versions) and use them in either a standard acrylic birdcage, or a pelican style case
  • Another option is to purchase actual 43 mm racks from Apache that are either Bud Jones or Chipco. These however do not fit in a standard bird cage, and you would have to purchase a pelican style case to carry them in.
There's also a group buy going on right now for a completely different style of rack. It seems like this rack might fit into some bird cages, but I don't think you can get 10 of them in one.

So you definitely have some options. If you're looking for something that you can use to store and transport them, my suggestion would be a pelican style case, such as the Apache 3800 (different Apache, not the same one that I mentioned above) that harbor freight sells.

You can search the forms here for that style of case, as well as for examples of Matsui/apache racks that fit into bird cages.

If you can't find the posts that reference all these things, just let us know we can point you to them.

Here's a link to a post that I made recently that does outline some of this: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/good-case-for-43mm-chips.95666/post-1976553

Okay, so there should be two solutions that you could use.
  • The first is to purchase Matsui style racks (Apache makes the knockoff versions) and use them in either a standard acrylic birdcage, or a pelican style case
  • Another option is to purchase actual 43 mm racks from Apache that are either Bud Jones or Chipco. These however do not fit in a standard bird cage, and you would have to purchase a pelican style case to carry them in.
There's also a group buy going on right now for a completely different style of rack. It seems like this rack might fit into some bird cages, but I don't think you can get 10 of them in one.

So you definitely have some options. If you're looking for something that you can use to store and transport them, my suggestion would be a pelican style case, such as the Apache 3800 (different Apache, not the same one that I mentioned above) that harbor freight sells.

You can search the forms here for that style of case, as well as for examples of Matsui/apache racks that fit into bird cages.

If you can't find the posts that reference all these things, just let us know we can point you to them.

Here's a link to a post that I made recently that does outline some of this: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/good-case-for-43mm-chips.95666/post-1976553
Thank you for sharing this information!

There are some briefcase style cases (as opposed to putting the chips in racks and then putting the racks in some kind of case) that will fit 43mm chips. The problem is they’re rarely marketed as such. You could stumble upon one through trial and error. And the ones I’m referring to are cheapies that are great for storage, but might fall apart if you’re carrying them around a lot. I share your problem - the ones that I’ve found that do work haven’t been big enough for my needs. The one mentioned above seems like a great solution if you only have 500 chips. Right now I’m using a case where the rows will accommodate 43mms but not side by side. It works for my set which is mixed sizes, but it’s unsightly. The reds, greens, and blacks are 43mm.
786A21B8-944D-42EF-BF07-0443FA146237.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom