Overhead light height... (1 Viewer)

BadMonkeyMusic

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey all...
Searched for an answer, but none found.

I hung a couple of lights above my table to improve lighting, but they seem to blind me when testing a height.
Sure it's MAINLY due to not having them before and am used to just some small can lights in the ceiling of the room, but...

For those that hung specific lights for their tables, how far did you hang them from the table top????
I'm at 30" now and think maybe higher up might alleviate the eye being drawn to the bulb.

They're on a dimmer right now, but any lower on the scale will basically render the lights useless.
I started with "daylight" and it felt like a warehouse, I am using "bright white" now and it's much better, maybe drop the K down to "soft white"?

So the actual question is...
What height did you hang your light(s), from the table ;)

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 211
I would bet it is only because you aren't used to them.
When I first put super bright leds in these my bald guys thought they would grow hair. After a very short period of time everyone didn't think twice about them.
They are 48" above the table.

20220111_010333592_iOS.jpg

Ya, it’s probably not being used to the overheads, but I think the 30” might be too low as well... gonna try and raise em up and see what that does....
Trial and error I guess

Hey all...
Searched for an answer, but none found.

I hung a couple of lights above my table to improve lighting, but they seem to blind me when testing a height.
Sure it's MAINLY due to not having them before and am used to just some small can lights in the ceiling of the room, but...

For those that hung specific lights for their tables, how far did you hang them from the table top????
I'm at 30" now and think maybe higher up might alleviate the eye being drawn to the bulb.

They're on a dimmer right now, but any lower on the scale will basically render the lights useless.
I started with "daylight" and it felt like a warehouse, I am using "bright white" now and it's much better, maybe drop the K down to "soft white"?

So the actual question is...
What height did you hang your light(s), from the table ;)
Please tell me you have a custom chipset called “The Library”

I use 2 ceiling LED dimmable pot lights, one on each end section of my oval table (57" above the table surface) and a hanging Hockey clock type led pot light above the center of the table, diffused 34" above the table surface. The table also has under rail LED FCOB dimmable lights behind a diffuser. The combination works for my table, no one gets blinded. Here is a pic of the center clock light, and you can see one of the ceiling pot lights to the right.

Attachments

• Poker table 1.jpg
    Poker table 1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Light-off.jpg
    Light-off.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 48
  • poker clock.jpg
    poker clock.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 51

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom