Oval or round table for poker home ? (2 Viewers)

@CUORE3 you should contact Fred from montapisdejeux before ordering a stock table he can do pretty good custom table for an “affordable” price. Not the Jarque quality of course but really nice solution if you don’t want to pay 2000€ a poker table and still want a quality product.

69957983438__12B75C07-D33D-4B10-BC7E-EBE5A3CB675C.jpeg

Love a good round but went with a full size home built oval complete with LED rail light and 10 USB ports one at each cup holder. My next build will be a round. The only issue is I like being able to seat 10. I built two octagons as well but sold them both.

I have both and my players gravitate to the oval. More room, even though it's a big table and harder to deal at from the ends.

Oval, no final table is played at a round table smh my head!

I want to feel like Phil Ivey while gambling away my money.

Cheers

Ya'll know this thread is two years old right?

Also, aint nobody here playing in a final table, and if you have ever tried to pitch cards from the fucking 8 seat, you know why ovals suck. They can fit 10 people? Hell, I don't LIKE 10 people!

yeah, yeah....if you are playing holdem, I guess ovals are ok. But, 6-8 on a round table and some mixee games kicks ass.

Hello!

I wanted to buy a table for my home. I am currently using a Neoprene mat.

At first, I wanted to buy an oval table because it is a real poker table. But now, a round table seems more practical to me. At my house, everyone shuffles the cards and the dealer changes every turn.

It’s always difficult for the players at the extremists at the table to distribute the game.

I wanted to have advice on the pros and cons. If you played on these two models, which one did you prefer?

thank you so much !
I have round, oval, and octagon. My preference, and the preference of many of my peeps, is the octagon. Round and oval are fine, but as you said, sitting on the ends of an oval SUCKS IMHO.

Why do I like the octagon over round? An octagon table has "defined" space and is very clesr where seating areas begin and end. I have some "big" players who feel like it's their right to man spread because it's more comfortable for them. Bastards sit sideways sometimes to make more room for themselves. Heaven for bid I should end up with big bastards on both sides of me on a round table. With octagon, there is no doubt where their space begins and ends, so I have no problem telling them to scoot their asses over. To be honest, I tell them on a round too, but it seems to be an all night thing as they conveniently forget 10 minites later.

Alright...I'm all better now...LOL!!

Seriously, if you regularly play with 8 players at a table, and any of them weigh over 190, then you will have a man spreading problem.

Just my two cents, but I've lived it every couple of weeks for the past 20 years.

Good luck!!

It's also more famously known as NUTella.
Ahhhh....so you've sat between Gunny and Stevie thumbs when they're drunk as shit!! :mad: Between Mikie and thumbs is even worse on Gunny's round table. I had to stop a game and give them the WTF speech. Their knees were literally 1 inch from each other as Mike's right leg and thumb's left leg occupied my space, with me stuck between the two of them.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom