Out of the Shadows (1 Viewer)

OK, I watched the first 12 minutes. So far, all I've seen is a Hollywood stuntman going on and on about how cool it is to be a stuntman, until he got severely injured/paralized and how he found Jesus afterward. This smells like every single other Jesus-land production I've ever watched in my lifetime (far too many to count). But when does this become anything other than a Jesus propaganda video? 12 minutes is a pretty long start if this video is actually about something other than why Jesus is "the answer"... Did I click on the wrong link? And if this really is a video about media bias, what the fuck does a stuntman finding Jesus have anything to do with it, and why are they wasting 12 minutes of my day telling me about this? Sadly, like every other religious whackjob propaganda film, I think we already know the answer. It's to inform the listener that what they are about to tell you is reliable, because they believe in Jesus! And they are in tune with the "truth", because, you know; Jesus!

This is all true. From what you shared in another thread I have a similar background as you Travis. I was raised as an Evangelical and my family was actually missionaries in Asia. So basically my whole childhood was steeped in church, the bible, and trying to reach the lost with the message of salvation through Jesus.

A few years ago after questioning my own beliefs for a long time I finally threw the baby out with the bath water and realized I actually don't believe any of it. Unlike most people that depart Christianity I don't have any hate toward Christians or their belief system. I think they are wrong but I am sympathetic and understand their point of view.

Anyway, all that is to say that I truly wasn't sharing this as a way to espouse Evangelical faith. You can skip ahead if you like to get into the CIA influencing media part which is what I find much more interesting. I find conversation about real events in this world more interesting to debate than the supernatural because any discussion of the supernatural is always dependent on faith anyway.

So I should do it Sunday and do a live stream of me swearing after 30 minutes smashed?

You should do a livestream of you drinking while watching the doc and give a running commentary. For real though that would be awesome.

I told myself I wouldn't post in this thread again, but apparently I am king fool here at the forums. Consider yourself lucky if you ever play against me in a cash game!

It was pretty much everything I thought it would be, only dumber.
Nice, so you lost objectivity about any possible truth it might have contained before you even started. That is not a good way to approach this type of information - unless your goal is not to uncover possible truth. But you do you.

He tells us this, again, to build credibility.
Alternative theory: He tells us the story as it happened to him.

Pizzagate is real. No really. People said, "we should meet up for cheese pizza" in an email. This of course is code word for child pr0n, because, you know "cheese pizza" and "child pr0n" both start with the letters CP. Oh, and the pizza place's logo has a triangle in it, which means gay satan sex.
Yes - pizzagate is quite real. Here is a reasonable synopsis - WARNING, it contains images I would not consider work safe.

probably_just_a_coincidence.png

Yeah, I'm sure that's just happenstance. Never mind the fact that a small number of corporations control most of our news media. The CIA would never use the news to lie to us. Propaganda is impossible in America!

The CIA actually runs Hollywood. No really. They totally do.
No, money runs Hollywood. Unfortunately, that is an extraordinarily convenient vector for corruption. The CIA is deeply engaged in shifting public opinion, Hollywood is one of their tools to do so.

But really, it was the CIA exercising mind control over us.
Perhaps. It would be a continuation of their fine tradition in such behavior.

Television actually stems from the phrase "Tell A Vision". And there are "channels" through which the CIA "programs" you! Nevermind the Greek root word 'tele' and 'vision', which when combined literally mean to view or see from afar. No, no. It is a CIA secret term and manipulation tool so they can "program" you through "telling you a vision"!
The fundamental nature of propaganda is the manipulation of words. Words represent & describe ideas. Control words, control ideas. Here's a decent example.

threads of truth
Rainman; if you, or anybody, is actually interested in these kinds of topics, do not expect to find a single source of digestible content. That will only happen if somebody else spent the time to produce it, and their own perceptions will of course color the resulting synopsis.

Understand that massive amounts of money is spent on disinformation. If what you seek is Truth, accept that you will only find threads. It's sort of like watching CNN or Fox News, except the lies are not as obvious, and far more frequent. That doesn't mean they are all lies.

If instead what you seek is amusement; carry on.

@Joe Harris thanks for your comment above. I wasn't posting the doc as an endorsement for all its conclusions. It isn't meant to be a manifesto of truth however there are verifiable kernels of truth that are interesting.

For example, there was abuse of kids at the Presidio Army base in SF where Michael Aquino worked.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/16/us/army-will-close-child-care-center.html

I don't know if PizzaGate is a real thing or not. However, there are enough kernels along the way that it certainly seems something sketchy is up there.

There is a big difference between claiming the world is ruled by Lizard people and some elites may be involved in pedophilia in an organized way.

The movie Spotlight did a great job of outlining the horrific child abuse inside the Catholic Church going back many decades. It wouldn't surprise me at all if similar abuse is happening in other organizations such as Hollywood and politics.

I told myself I wouldn't post in this thread again, but apparently I am king fool here at the forums. Consider yourself lucky if you ever play against me in a cash game!

Nice, so you lost objectivity about any possible truth it might have contained before you even started. That is not a good way to approach this type of information - unless your goal is not to uncover possible truth. But you do you.

Alternative theory: He tells us the story as it happened to him.

Yes - pizzagate is quite real. Here is a reasonable synopsis - WARNING, it contains images I would not consider work safe.

View attachment 442148
Yeah, I'm sure that's just happenstance. Never mind the fact that a small number of corporations control most of our news media. The CIA would never use the news to lie to us. Propaganda is impossible in America!

No, money runs Hollywood. Unfortunately, that is an extraordinarily convenient vector for corruption. The CIA is deeply engaged in shifting public opinion, Hollywood is one of their tools to do so.

Perhaps. It would be a continuation of their fine tradition in such behavior.

The fundamental nature of propaganda is the manipulation of words. Words represent & describe ideas. Control words, control ideas. Here's a decent example.

Rainman; if you, or anybody, is actually interested in these kinds of topics, do not expect to find a single source of digestible content. That will only happen if somebody else spent the time to produce it, and their own perceptions will of course color the resulting synopsis.

Understand that massive amounts of money is spent on disinformation. If what you seek is Truth, accept that you will only find threads. It's sort of like watching CNN or Fox News, except the lies are not as obvious, and far more frequent. That doesn't mean they are all lies.

If instead what you seek is amusement; carry on.

@RainmanTrail isnt concerned about the truth, whatever he already believes is absolute truth. Anybody with a differing view/opinion is just a piece of shit. I wish you luck in debating with him or his ilk here.

In no way do I believe the video is absolute truth, it was interesting and compelling, that’s it.

I think this belongs in the “things that make you go hmmmm” thread
I watched the first half and so far it seems to be: Hollywood stuntman gets seriously injured, suffers existential crisis, discovers youtube conspiracy theories.
Yeah, but did the tape self-destruct after viewing? That's how you know it's the real deal.
Funniest shit here.

But for real, are we posting stuff on here and saying, hey, I don't really believe most of this, and I get that it's probably mostly a crock, but those KERNELS, that ten minutes of possible truths is totally worth the hour plus long watch. JFC.

@RainmanTrail isnt concerned about the truth, whatever he already believes is absolute truth. Anybody with a differing view/opinion is just a piece of shit. I wish you luck in debating with him or his ilk here.

In no way do I believe the video is absolute truth, it was interesting and compelling, that’s it.
I disagree with Travis on many things but I don’t feel like he thinks I’m a piece of shit for it. He and I have had several open disagreements but sometimes you just have to agree to disagree with someone.
Doesn’t make either person right or wrong.
Just saying. Is a video posted on a chip sight going to change how you go about your life?
It won’t change me either. :tup:
Happy chipping my chipping brother.

The portions on media influence actually had some interesting nuggets. But when you throw in all the occult and pizzagate stuff along with it, that certainly detracts from the message.

This video is obviously biased towards conservative viewers too and tries to tie Hollywood/elites/pedophiles to the Democrats and the left only. They talk about Bill Clinton and Epstein, but no mention of Trump and Epstein. They talk about Hillary and Podesta and show graphics with Obama, but nothing about Dennis Hastert for example. The clip they show where about 10 different local TV stations repeat the same phrase over and over? That's Sinclair broadcasting, a right-wing group that is buying up local TV stations to push their agenda. Why don't these right-wing groups get any mention in the video?

I was at least hoping for a message of both sides are evil and only created for false conflict to make you feel like you have a choice and keep you distracted from the truth.

In college I got to see Ray Bradbury when he came to campus for a talk. One of the key things I remember him harping on was local TV news. Turn it off, blow up your TV, it's all bullshit.

The portions on media influence actually had some interesting nuggets. But when you throw in all the occult and pizzagate stuff along with it, that certainly detracts from the message.

This video is obviously biased towards conservative viewers too and tries to tie Hollywood/elites/pedophiles to the Democrats and the left only. They talk about Bill Clinton and Epstein, but no mention of Trump and Epstein. They talk about Hillary and Podesta and show graphics with Obama, but nothing about Dennis Hastert for example. The clip they show where about 10 different local TV stations repeat the same phrase over and over? That's Sinclair broadcasting, a right-wing group that is buying up local TV stations to push their agenda. Why don't these right-wing groups get any mention in the video?

I was at least hoping for a message of both sides are evil and only created for false conflict to make you feel like you have a choice and keep you distracted from the truth.

In college I got to see Ray Bradbury when he came to campus for a talk. One of the key things I remember him harping on was local TV news. Turn it off, blow up your TV, it's all bullshit.
Like I mentioned earlier, Divide and Conquer.

But for real, are we posting stuff on here and saying, hey, I don't really believe most of this, and I get that it's probably mostly a crock, but those KERNELS, that ten minutes of possible truths is totally worth the hour plus long watch. JFC.

Yes. I actually think it is interesting to hear what people believe and experience even if I don't agree with their conclusions. Everyone has their own beliefs and experiences and we can learn from them even if we don't ultimately share those beliefs.

The other side of the coin is, "are we really only going to listen to people we already agree with and live in an echo chamber of confirmation bias"?

Great point and something I didn't notice. It speaks to the broader point about media being biased and pushing a specific narrative. The doc was about propaganda in media while at the same time being a piece of right wing propaganda ITSELF.

There are levels to this game!

Yes. I actually think it is interesting to hear what people believe and experience even if I don't agree with their conclusions. Everyone has their own beliefs and experiences and we can learn from them even if we don't ultimately share those beliefs.

The other side of the coin is, "are we really only going to listen to people we already agree with and live in an echo chamber of confirmation bias"?
Wow. So why not find something credible that you believe in, don’t believe in, or are interested in?

Instead of posting an hour plus of content and saying, yeah well, it’s really these specific 5 minutes that I’m curious about.

It’s the fucking internet, there’s anything. But you chose this. Do better.

Noam Chomsky’s work (specifically Manufacturing Consent) does a good job in inspecting the role of the media in the US and other democracies. I think he does a better job investigating the topic than these kind of conspiratorial documentaries. You should check it out @Lemonzest if you are interested

I disagree with Travis on many things but I don’t feel like he thinks I’m a piece of shit for it. He and I have had several open disagreements but sometimes you just have to agree to disagree with someone.
Doesn’t make either person right or wrong.
Just saying. Is a video posted on a chip sight going to change how you go about your life?
It won’t change me either. :tup:
Happy chipping my chipping brother.

Won’t change my life at all. I’ve literally been called a piece of shit by rainman, hence my comment. I’m in the trades, been called worse so it’s water off a ducks back at the end of the day. Some of his comments directed towards members here at PCF would also not end well if tried in real life...

Wow. So why not find something credible that you believe in, don’t believe in, or are interested in?

I am very interested in the doc and not just the contents of the doc but also the motivation of those making it. It opens up topics of propaganda in the media, politics, religion, and their complex intertwined relationship in the US.

The doc aims to shine a light on propaganda while arguably being right wing religious propaganda itself.

The point of posting the doc was to promote a discussion and hear what other people thought, not soapbox and proselytize based on my own views.

Noam Chomsky’s work (specifically Manufacturing Consent) does a good job in inspecting the role of the media in the US and other democracies. I think he does a better job investigating the topic than these kind of conspiratorial documentaries. You should check it out @Lemonzest if you are interested

I am aware of Chomsky and a huge fan. Noam Chomsky has probably influenced my thinking and world view more than any other person I can think of. My Dad of, all people, got me into him. He used to read those books even before I was born and then when I was a teenager he gave me some Chomsky titles to read.

To have an accurate worldview and understanding of US foreign policy I can't recommend Chomsky enough.

I watched. It was interesting, although conservative slanted for sure.

Which begs the question, who really made it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom