Our Lady of Victory Chipset (2 Viewers)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So i'm working around a cash set for the moment, just because that's the priority, and I'm very early in the whole planning process but I've been messing with the design tool for a couple days and I'm starting to hammer out some ideas. I originally wanted a pink quarter but I kind went away from that simply because I felt it clashed too much. If someone has a good way to incorporate a pink quarter though I'm all ears...or eyes. Anyway these are a $0.25, $1, $5, $20, and a $100. I may further down the development process add a tourney set too, but for now I'm on these. I added the ND logo to the inlay just to simply give an idea of the color scheme that will likely be incorporated into the inlay for better matching. Any help or advice on these will be appreciated.
2ad1a21c-f8e2-4da5-8a24-fcffb91aee0c.png

I think I know what you’re going for with your spot progression but it looks weird to me. You go back and forth on spot complexity from chip to chip.

I think I know what you’re going for with your spot progression but it looks weird to me. You go back and forth on spot complexity from chip to chip.
Yes I'm completely new to this lol. Sometimes I had a hard time finding the spot I wanted so I went with something else. I'm actually in the process right now of simplifying them and trying to make them uniform.

Yes I'm completely new to this lol. Sometimes I had a hard time finding the spot I wanted so I went with something else. I'm actually in the process right now of simplifying them and trying to make them uniform.

My advice would be to take your time. It seems that you’re in a rush. A lot of us on here have many mock ups saved in the chip tool and even when you think “that’s the one” it might not be.

Once you come up with something you think is solid, take a break from it for a week or two, then come back at it with fresh eyes.

You might not like it as much as you thought

My advice would be to take your time. It seems that you’re in a rush. A lot of us on here have many mock ups saved in the chip tool and even when you think “that’s the one” it might not be.

Once you come up with something you think is solid, take a break from it for a week or two, then come back at it with fresh eyes.

You might not like it as much as you thought
I'm in no rush honestly. I'd rather walk away from it period than it not be exactly what I want. I'm just new to the chip design tool and was just looking for a little input is all.

Also a few points of advice...get color samples! The colors on the screen don't always match exactly what the actual colors are. With that in mind, Blurple and black are awfully close to each other, you may want to avoid having them both as base colors on your chips. In addition, I'd be wary about using the same color on too many of your edgespots. I know when you think Notre Dame you think green (and to a lesser extent blue), but too many chips with the same colors can cause confusion. I know, this probably makes your job harder, but if it makes you feel any better I played around with the chiptool for over a year before I settled on my colors lol

Tried to make the edge spots more uniform with their progression, the outlier being the 100. I appreciate the feedback, and I do have samples in route (got shipping info today). I'm not in love with anything this early on. I the $1 how the blue and green plays with the bright white. I also like the 100. I'm not sold on the 5 or 20, just playing around with things.
9c9fea71-1d24-4354-80a8-23c45f23f517.png

Tried to make the edge spots more uniform with their progression, the outlier being the 100. I appreciate the feedback, and I do have samples in route (got shipping info today). I'm not in love with anything this early on. I the $1 how the blue and green plays with the bright white. I also like the 100. I'm not sold on the 5 or 20, just playing around with things.
View attachment 336534
Personally, I like the spot pattern progression. Not completely sold on the $100 only having a single spot x6 while the others all have double spots. But the 1-2-3-4-6 step up works pretty well.

It's hard to make ND work on a red chip. Have you thought about cali-colors? Maybe a blue $1, yellow $5, purple $25 and white $100? Then the frac could be a color that might work better with the ND color scheme --maybe a gray or a green?

Personally, I like the spot pattern progression. Not completely sold on the $100 only having a single spot x6 while the others all have double spots. But the 1-2-3-4-6 step up works pretty well.

It's hard to make ND work on a red chip. Have you thought about cali-colors? Maybe a blue $1, yellow $5, purple $25 and white $100? Then the frac could be a color that might work better with the ND color scheme --maybe a gray or a green?
I'll have to work one up with those colors to see. Good idea!

That would be accurate.

Joe Theismann "Rhymes with Heisman" (his family name didn't and doesn't) soured a lot of sports fans on ND, a long time ago.

-- Larry (Charter Member of the "Lawrence Taylor / Joe Theismann Memorial Make-a-Wish Foundation")

p.s. Ara Parseghian and Lou Holtz didn't help...

Love the hate. It's not like there is anything to really hate, they've not won a national title in 30 years!

Don't be dissing on Holtz!

Yellow $20 is more traditional if keeping a red 5 and white (or blue) 1. Maybe move purple to frac and lighten the colour?

I'm flattered that you would consider the Our Lady Of Victory phrase.

Yellow $20 is more traditional if keeping a red 5 and white (or blue) 1. Maybe move purple to frac and lighten the colour?

I'm flattered that you would consider the Our Lady Of Victory phrase.
I'm kinda experimenting with a blue 5 at the moment. Not sure how that fits in...a blue 5 and a green 20 (which would probably change to a 25 if it's green)

Like this
c32c33cc-e1aa-4103-8bb9-75f3f66ae2d0.png

You may use what colours you like since it's your custom set. Just make sure the denomination text shows up clearly.

It would be a shame if you didn't have a green chip, because of the Irish connection.

You may use what colours you like since it's your custom set. Just make sure the denomination text shows up clearly.

It would be a shame if you didn't have a green chip, because of the Irish connection.
Is there any presidence for a blue 5? or is that completely out of left field. I'd like a darker blue really but I worry about the black and blue being too close so I went with a lighter blue.

From a quick google search it looks like the old school Flamingo and Sands used a blue $5

Unfortunately due to worries over copyright or trademark or whatever infringement I'll be heading a different direction for now on these. I do have another plan that I'll be working on getting out here for critique soon. I have a general idea and need to focus some of them. I appreciate the help so far from everyone though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom