Our Forum Feedback :) (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
Just a quick thought I had...

I find it funny that you scroll through all different forums/areas that allow comment sections. Whether it be ESPN comments, Twitter replies, Reddit forums, YouTube comments, for me Boston.com.

Read any of those comments/replies and all you see is berading, bashing, racist, and/or rude remarks. (I'm sure there are ton more to add to this list)

It's crazy to think about a forum like ours that for the most part (sarcasm aside) you don't see any of this stuff.

Is it the moderators keeping tabs on members with poor etiquette? No, I dont think so.

Is it the anonymity that the bizarre world of comment sections offer? Maybe

Anyways, just basically praising our forum and the members here

I find it funny that you scroll through all different forums/areas that allow comment sections. Whether it be ESPN comments, Twitter replies, Reddit forums, YouTube comments, for me Boston.com.

Read any of those comments/replies and all you see is berading, bashing, racist, and/or rude remarks. (I'm sure there are ton more to add to this list)

It's crazy to think about a forum like ours that for the most part (sarcasm aside) you don't see any of this stuff.

Is it the moderators keeping tabs on members with poor etiquette? No, I dont think so.

The members here are great. One of my regulars recently said I was crazy for inviting a bunch of people from the Internet into my house. I told him I was more comfortable with the people that were coming from here than I was with some of the characters the locals brought as friends to my game last year.

The members here are great. One of my regulars recently said I was crazy for inviting a bunch of people from the Internet into my house. I told him I was more comfortable with the people that were coming from here than I was with some of the characters the locals brought as friends to my game last year.
Umm, invite people to your house? How about the fact that people send hundred of dollars for transactions without having any assurance that the seller will follow through? Crazy town

The reality is that people here are developing relationships that could lead to chip nerd meet ups and such. Nobody here would want to lose it all by ripping another member off or being a dick...for the most part. It's a laid back group since I've been visiting for sure.

When I read blogs on ESPN and such, it makes me think of the movie Idiocracy. It seems sometimes that the world is heading that way.....yikes!! Happy to be a part of something better here at PCF.

Owwwww my balls!

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

At first PCF was not really anything I devoted any attention to. But I started reading the threads and noticed a big difference in the demeanor between the two sites. So at the recommendation of a member here I joined. Almost immediately I was welcomed and responded to by the king himself, Tommy. That made the transition even easier. So I existed more or less between the sites until "THE DAY". PCF is why, as some will remember, I was so upset about what the other site had become. Because there was a time I felt about that forum as I do now about this one. Tommy really has created something special here. And while I realize that there are a ton of duel-users, the flavor is still very different. So hats off to Tommy and all the regulars like BGinGA, JButler, Bergs, Courage, Gnu, ....(the list is too long) for making this site a treasure trove of everything from hilarity to straight-up chip nerdiness.

I think the simple truth is that everyone here contributes in one way or another. Members are always looking to help out other members whether it be with chip knowledge, poker strategy, or just general questions. It's a great bunch of people here. The admins are very approachable and are always open to new ideas. I'm constantly wanting to start a thread on how grateful I am to be here, so I guess this thread is as good a place as any to say it. Thanks to Tommy and everyone who makes this place what it is, even you silly Canadians. ;)

I agree that this forum definitely has a great bunch of users. I've had countless awesome interactions and transactions with members on here.

Tommy does a great job of running it and honestly I feel like I hardly ever have anything to correct or fix because he jumps on things so quickly when something gets brought to our attention. Typically it goes something like this, "email notification to the staff of an issue".... 20 seconds later Tommy has fixed or corrected the issue.... 5 minutes later Mr. Cheese shows up to find said issue already fixed lol.

So just wanted to say to everyone on here, stay awesome and thanks for providing us with this great forum Tommy!

When I read blogs on ESPN and such, it makes me think of the movie Idiocracy. It seems sometimes that the world is heading that way.....yikes!! Happy to be a part of something better here at PCF.

Owwwww my balls!

great movie! There is an iPhone game called ow my balls...my son loved it when he was younger.

Owwwww my balls!

great movie! There is an iPhone game called ow my balls...my son loved it when he was younger.

one of the best opening sequences:

I could probably support this de-evolution theory with facts and numbers since I've been a classroom teacher for 25 years. Parent conferences are hilarious at times. We got quite a few family "trees" in these parts that do not fork!

very true. I am quite happy with how things are going here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom