Orlando Area Come Skate With Me Sat Oct 2nd 2021 (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Jenn and I are celebrating 16 years of marriage on Oct 1st. We're heading out to Orlando for the weekend and will be having "our" day on Friday. But staying through Sunday and checking out Semoran Skateway in Casselberry on Saturday night (heard it's one of the best rinks in the state)

I'll be there for the 7:30pm-10:30pm Old School Jamz session on Saturday Oct 2nd. Created an event on Facebook if anyone can make it, would love to see ya!

https://fb.me/e/1rR314xKM

Oooh, my fat rear end hasn't been on roller skates in years.

No promises yet but definitely pencilling in the date - it's just a couple weeks before my 23rd anniversary with Mrs. S.

You giants lack the center of balance of we hobbit-folk, but even if you wanted to just come hang out, no pressure to skate. Jenn will likely tag along but she doesn't skate

OK, so you are celebrating your 16th anniversary weekend by taking your spouse to a roller skating rink, despite the fact that she doesn't skate, and inviting a bunch of random semi-strangers from an Internet forum to come along for the fun?

Well I know if it was my spouse, I wouldn't be around to celebrate 17. :unsure:

1629262574426.gif
1629262346996.gif

OK, so you are celebrating your 16th anniversary weekend by taking your spouse to a roller skating rink, despite the fact that she doesn't skate, and inviting a bunch of random semi-strangers from an Internet forum to come along for the fun?

Well I know if it was my spouse, I wouldn't be around to celebrate 17. :unsure:

200.gif

We were originally going to Vegas and celebrating there, then I was going to play The WSOP Reunion after

We cancelled that trip and are doing a weekend in Orlando instead. On the 1st her and I spend the day together doing things we both agreed on.

On the 2nd we spend the day together, and at night for 3 hours we hit the skating rink.

Many of the PCF folks in the Orlando area we've met before at the Suicide Queen Melee on Anna Maria Island

Guess what? My wife doesn't play poker either, but still likes to come with me to that event and to the Shootout at the Post in GA

I wouldn't worry about my marriage too much

Literally grew up in skating rinks in Maryland. My mom was obsessed... dragging us all over for skating "meet ups"... literally haven't been on skates in 25 years, wish I was closer brother. I would definitely join you guys, Sounds like a blast man!

Congratulations to you and Jenn on the 16 years of Bliss!! Unfortunately we didn't get to meet her in February this year... but she must truly be an amazing woman to put up with you and your hobbies/ work profession choice.. lol

Hopefully we can all get together this upcoming SQM, definitely going to be one hell of a week! Everyone else is worried about their wallet... I am concerned for our livers!! Lmao

Literally grew up in skating rinks in Maryland. My mom was obsessed... dragging us all over for skating "meet ups"... literally haven't been on skates in 25 years, wish I was closer brother. I would definitely join you guys, Sounds like a blast man!

Congratulations to you and Jenn on the 16 years of Bliss!! Unfortunately we didn't get to meet her in February this year... but she must truly be an amazing woman to put up with you and your hobbies/ work profession choice.. lol

Hopefully we can all get together this upcoming SQM, definitely going to be one hell of a week! Everyone else is worried about their wallet... I am concerned for our livers!! Lmao

She's like the polar opposite of me, the yin to my yang. Very shy and introverted.

It was actually her idea I quit my job and play poker!

Well... I was looking for a large chested woman falling over on roller skates GIF to post... what came up should not have been on my company phone, or even exist... I don't think that activity was meant to happen on roller skates! SMH... the crap people come up with to make "instructional videos" to is halarious. Anyways total fail... so this will have to do!
2fbea3d75a9a437e6541beb32d34684c.gif

Hey, guys, let's stick to bashing Anthony, not your second-ranking elder statesman. :p

I used to be pretty decent on ice skates, but my roller days were like the 1950s, when they clamped onto your street shoes.

The sad truth is that after having a knee replaced, there are subtle little balance differentials that have to be dealt with daily. And Anthony's previous reference is absolutely correct -- that lower center of gravity means a lot.

Even on the tennis court, my days of jumping the net are over -- and that used to be an absolute piece of cake. Jumping sports not allowed on the new knee...

Hey, guys, let's stick to bashing Anthony, not your second-ranking elder statesman. :p

I used to be pretty decent on ice skates, but my roller days were like the 1950s, when they clamped onto your street shoes.

The sad truth is that after having a knee replaced, there are subtle little balance differentials that have to be dealt with daily. And Anthony's previous reference is absolutely correct -- that lower center of gravity means a lot.

Even on the tennis court, my days of jumping the net are over -- and that used to be an absolute piece of cake. Jumping sports not allowed on the new knee...

I don't jump on skates, more like bounce :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom