Ordering ceramics from China (alibaba) (1 Viewer)

IamMattDamon

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello!

I made an RFQ for a ceramics set I want to order from Alibaba (China). Two of the companies seems fine, but wanted to check if anyone had experiences / recommendations.
The companies I am in talks with are Shengzhou Kaile Recreation Co and Shenzhen City Changlig Industial Co. Just going to get some samples first

Do not forget to share your experience....

Good luck

Shenzhen City Chenglin Industrial Co is the company that supplies what on PCF are known as Cards Mold (CM) or Tina chips - I'm assuming (rightly/wrongly?) that your Shenzhen City Changlig Industial Co is the same (typo?) but maybe not. (I don't know who the other one is, Shengzhou Kaile Recreation Co.).

Custom Tina chips are popular on PCF for the price point they're at and there is a ton of info about them. Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread is a good starting point - it's mostly still relevant and will get you up to date on what's possible/expected.

I've just got delivery of my custom set and am pretty pleased with how it all turned out.

Shenzhen City Chenglin Industrial Co is the company that supplies what on PCF are known as Cards Mold (CM) or Tina chips - I'm assuming (rightly/wrongly?) that your Shenzhen City Changlig Industial Co is the same (typo?) but maybe not. (I don't know who the other one is, Shengzhou Kaile Recreation Co.).

Custom Tina chips are popular on PCF for the price point they're at and there is a ton of info about them. Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread is a good starting point - it's mostly still relevant and will get you up to date on what's possible/expected.

I've just got delivery of my custom set and am pretty pleased with how it all turned out.

Thanks for the tip! Seems like the right company, as they have pictures of custom chips that seems like something made by PCF designers.

This is the custom set I am going for:

custom-set.png

Thanks for the tip! Seems like the right company, as they have pictures of custom chips that seems like something made by PCF designers.

This is the custom set I am going for:

View attachment 1042651
DId you design your own "label" or did you have the alibaba Tina cards mold people design it? I have been talking with them myself about a custom set and curious of your experience.

DId you design your own "label" or did you have the alibaba Tina cards mold people design it? I have been talking with them myself about a custom set and curious of your experience.
I designed my own label in Adobe Illustrator.

Going to send over the artwork soon, so I guess they will "fix" it if the customization process requires them to sort something (like the edge spots for alignment etc.). I'll share my experience once we get going. Final inlay design completed

Asset 13.png
Asset 14.png
Asset 8.png
Asset 9.png
Asset 10.png
Asset 15.png
Asset 12.png

I designed my own label in Adobe Illustrator.

Going to send over the artwork soon, so I guess they will "fix" it if the customization process requires them to sort something (like the edge spots for alignment etc.). I'll share my experience once we get going. Final inlay design completed

View attachment 1042686View attachment 1042687View attachment 1042688View attachment 1042689View attachment 1042690View attachment 1042693View attachment 1042692
Very nice. I imagine they will tell you that the KRS, NO cant be printed in black clearly. They vetoed some of my first design for having too intricate parts on a black print. Just an FYI, but we'll see what they say!

I really need to get adobe illustrator I guess, I am having a bear of a time trying to tweak my labels in free software, and apparemtly, they need an .ai file anyways I found out at the end... :(

Very nice. I imagine they will tell you that the KRS, NO cant be printed in black clearly. They vetoed some of my first design for having too intricate parts on a black print. Just an FYI, but we'll see what they say!

I really need to get adobe illustrator I guess, I am having a bear of a time trying to tweak my labels in free software, and apparemtly, they need an .ai file anyways I found out at the end... :(
I see, well then I might have to edit that part. I guess why they want .ai format is because it is easier for them as it's ready to print.
You can contact the designers on here and pay them to make an .ai file based on your sketch. If something won't print they will let you know and might come up with a suggestion

Guangzhou Yinghang Electronic Technology is a company i have used countless amount of times for ceramic chips through alibaba. Everyone who has handled my chips has given positive feedback. The only thing i would say is there is a good chance the chips will destroy the case from the inside during shipment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom