Options for shipping chippies US->EU (1 Viewer)

LeGold

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Other than USPS flatrate boxes, especially nowadays when USPS takes ages, what options would you recommend to send chippies across the pond? I see that UPS seems to have a relatively affordable service "UPS Worldwide Economy DDP/DDU" that would "only" be ~$160 for 20lb/10kg. FedEx seems to start at ~$270... Anything better?

Have you tried something like Shipito? I can't speak about their prices, personally, but when I used to play hockey, someone I played with used it often to get equipment shipped from the USA to the UK — and he seemed impressed by it.

Have just checked what the restricted items are for things into Norway, and I'd probably double check with them to see if poker chips — live or otherwise — are classed as any of the following:

Screenshot_20200526_222856.jpg

So, I got good rates with FedEx. Also, it seems that their Large Box fits perfectly 16 racks. Would you think this would be safe (8 racks in a padded envelope, twice)? Way too heavy, but quite snug.

[Edit: it's max 13 kg, so max 11-12 racks + padding]

20201124_171633.jpg

Depends on rates they give each customer. For me (right now, as long as I have enough volume), 10 racks US->NO would be approx. $100 (economy, 1 week). Price per lb/kg goes down with the total weight of the shipment, independently on the number of packages the shipment consists. So, for 40 racks, I expect it to be approx. $300.

Depends on rates they give each customer. For me (right now, as long as I have enough volume), 10 racks US->NO would be approx. $100 (economy, 1 week). Price per lb/kg goes down with the total weight of the shipment, independently on the number of packages the shipment consists. So, for 40 racks, I expect it to be approx. $300.

That's VERY cheap....I paid 280 for 2 MFRB with DHL (was delivered in 3 days)

That's VERY cheap....I paid 280 for 2 MFRB with DHL (was delivered in 3 days)
Note the "right now, as long as I have enough volume" part :) they have some expectations which, I'm afraid, I won't be able to uphold, but they said it's not a problem, the worst that can happen is they increase the rates.

But, back to packaging - 10 racks in the middle (2 thick bricks, each one in its own padded envelope, with extra padding on sides) - safe or not? The box does seem to be strong.

20201124_173130.jpg 20201124_173343.jpg

Of course, that goes without saying! (yes, it's allowed)

Already have a test subject for that, that's why I chose that number :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom