Opportunity to build dream poker room. (1 Viewer)

JScott

Flush
Reaction score
First of all, I'll admit I've already made a table thread. Everything has changed so we can ignore that one! haha However, as of now, we finally found our dream home. I conceded a lot to the wife so in return I'm getting free reign in the basement. I refuse to use the word "man cave" so let's call it the "Lounge" for now. It'll be the unofficial home of The Handsome Men's Club. ;)

Here is what I'm planning on doing to the room. I only have some changes to the table left, I'm thinking of changing the felt to a navy. I'm at the front of a list for a Chanman, so I need to make these decisions quickly.

Room is 17'6" x 28'

Going with these design details for table:
-48*84" (I prefer a 6-7 player game, but want room for up to 8)
-6 inch rail with dealer cutout (like Krish's) as I usually deal for the group, but don't want a full cutout
-no cupholders
-brass/gold raised rail 3/4 inch
-Changing the burgundy to a navy
-full leather rail
-4 drink carts (maybe one with shufflemaster)

Undecided:
-Legs
-Felt colour
-Leather colour

Any thoughts?

Rendering:
pkr2.PNG

poker1.PNG

Original building floorplan:
pkr3.PNG

Current felt design by Tim. Table by Tony.

Scott H v4.png

Inspiration for table/room:
pok4.PNG

UPDATE: table is in! Chairs are in! Side tables set up!

Just waiting on paint, holding off flooring for now.

DBC7B4A3-249F-4F4F-BDBC-54321E920CAB.jpeg

3D611671-8D1F-492A-98BC-9CE72B9CAADF.jpeg

130ECBF3-FCC0-4F2D-8B2A-697B68944166.jpeg

0F0CA4C2-CB51-431B-924B-E39D4C8C043B.jpeg

Now with Paint!
unnamed (2).jpg

MTT Setup (yes, I have more chairs)

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

Attachments

• D8865906-457B-4D13-939D-340748E320CD.jpeg
    D8865906-457B-4D13-939D-340748E320CD.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 70FB22ED-742D-4EAC-B2F7-51DB46D594C7.jpeg
    70FB22ED-742D-4EAC-B2F7-51DB46D594C7.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I vote for a dark brown for the leather. It gives it a very classy look, same for the table legs. Not black but very dark brown.

The room looks fantastic on the drawings and 3d pictures.

For felt, maybe a tan to go with the burgundy. Love the raised rail.

I vote for a dark brown for the leather. It gives it a very classy look, same for the table legs. Not black but very dark brown.

The room looks fantastic on the drawings and 3d pictures.
Yeah I want to go really classic, cigar room lounge style.

And if you're wondering why I don't have actual pictures of the room.. it's because it's currently like this:

pok5.PNG

And if you're wondering why I don't have actual pictures of the room.. it's because it's currently like this:

View attachment 796714
That is actually pretty cool looking

Definitely dark browns, burgundy, and tans for the solid classic feel. I had a blast designing my basement finish (The Dugout, so named by a few forum members here). I went with a more modern look, to go along with colors of a certain baseball team.

4FF387D9-A5E1-430E-A159-389FC59B0FD5.jpeg
90704961-B40B-4F92-B08D-84E97767736B.jpeg
4AFF3222-B2D9-4B11-872E-1B750CCA9B7D.jpeg
85A699B0-7781-4D1C-AE45-FD4D0FC2A098.jpeg

That is actually pretty cool looking

Definitely dark browns, burgundy, and tans for the solid classic feel. I had a blast designing my basement finish (The Dugout, so named by a few forum members here). I went with a more modern look, to go along with colors of a certain baseball team.

View attachment 796715View attachment 796716View attachment 796717View attachment 796718
I've been following your thread. How do you like those chairs? Thinking of ordering from them or Gary Platts. Budget is $3-4K. but only need 7

I've been following your thread. How do you like those chairs? Thinking of ordering from them or Gary Platts. Budget is $3-4K. but only need 7
Chairs are fantastic. $300 each.

Every poker night I’ve had, not a single one of my guests notice my poker chips, but they do rave on how comfortable the chairs are.

Don’t know shipping costs because they were in the massive shipment with both tables.

Chairs are fantastic. $300 each.

Every poker night I’ve had, not a single one of my guests notice my poker chips, but they do rave on how comfortable the chairs are.
I just saw that. $300 is way cheaper than I expected.

https://pharaohusa.com/catalog/chairs/pharaoh-poker-chair/ is the other style I like, might work better with my classic look. but they have no price.

Either way I think I'll go pharaoh for chairs.

When I was at their manufacturing facility last year, I sat in all 3 of their styles. The armed chairs felt like board room chairs and were the ultimate in comfort, though I didn’t want armrests on poker table chairs.

The armless more expensive line was the least of the comfortable compared to mine, the cheapest option. I felt that the entry line had the best build quality of the two styles. The stitching really give them a classic look.

The only problem with my style is they aren’t as customizable as the other version. The other version have literally an infinite amount of color options. They may even be able to do the stitching style with different color leather, though it will probably cost more.

When I was at their manufacturing facility last year, I sat in all 3 of their styles. The armed chairs felt like board room chairs and were the ultimate in comfort, though I didn’t want armrests on poker table chairs.

The armless more expensive line was the least of the comfortable compared to mine, the cheapest option. I felt that the entry line had the best build quality of the two styles. The stitching really give them a classic look.

The only problem with my style is they aren’t as customizable as the other version. The other version have literally an infinite amount of color options. They may even be able to do the stitching style with different color leather, though it will probably cost more.
Oh, so the Nouveau line are the less expensive ones? Do they only have the two colours?

I'm assuming the "Pharaoh Poker Chair" is the expensive one?

Oh, so the Nouveau line are the less expensive ones? Do they only have the two colours?

I'm assuming the "Pharaoh Poker Chair" is the expensive one?
Yes, unless they updated the Nouveau line, it only has 2 options. It worked perfectly for my colors because of the black and gray, but for different colors, the other line is the way to go.

I forgot how much the customizable chairs were but for some reason I think they were either $350 or $400 each.

The pharaoh poker chair is the second line while the executive poker chair gets crazy customizable with different wood options. I think that line was close to 1k a chair, but I‘m not positive. From what I remember, they can do the stitching in the poker chair line, like the nouveau, and give a bunch of different color options.

I like the burgundy felt, though I think you should only use it in the center out to the betting line, then use a contrasting colour like tan/beige from the betting line to the rail. Also, if you're going to use a solid burgundy, then consider a subtle pattern in the tan/beige part. Or vice versa.

I think this room looks great. I love seeing a new poker room come to life. The only suggestion I would make is to increase your table size to 48/96. You might find 84” too small at some point. One of my good friends started with an 84” table and quickly realized that it was too small for even 8 handed games (with dedicated dealer). You know the saying when discussing size……..
1D783E18-2BF9-46B6-A9FE-63894165D797.gif

I think this room looks great. I love seeing a new poker room come to life. The only suggestion I would make is to increase your table size to 48/96. You might find 84” too small at some point. One of my good friends started with an 84” table and quickly realized that it was too small for even 8 handed games (with dedicated dealer). You know the saying when discussing size……..
View attachment 796829
Honestly, that's totally fine with me. I want to limit the games to 7 Max. I really don't like playing more than 8 handed, I find 5-7 the perfect amount for a social game. Considering I'm going 48"x84" it's going to be perfect for our games. When I say dedicated dealer.... that usually just means me. haha

I currently have a 42"x84" and it's too big a lot of the time, so 48x84 will be perfect.

Would anyone like to make a couple bucks by helping me finalize the design and colours?

Love the concept and following to see how this develops. One of theses days... Wife and I are planning to buy the forever/retirement home in about two years. Then I will start putting together my own plans. Gathering ideas in the meantime.

I really like the inspiration pic. I just can't figure out how the photographer missed that empty box next to the stairs. Once I saw it, I can't look at anything else in the pic! LOL!

P.S. I can vouch for that @alecnetwoodworks guy. He makes some great stuff! He's also my son. ;)

20200722_162721.jpg

20200722_163929.jpg

So, the Pharaoh chairs are up to $340 a chair, not a big deal, but the black won't suit my table, It's $590 for custom colours (ouch). and that's before shipping. I have a healthy budget but I don't want to spend $6500 Canadian on chairs.

I have a message out to Gary Platt, but does anyone have other options?

So, the Pharaoh chairs are up to $340 a chair, not a big deal, but the black won't suit my table, It's $590 for custom colours (ouch). and that's before shipping. I have a healthy budget but I don't want to spend $6500 Canadian on chairs.

I have a message out to Gary Platt, but does anyone have other options?
Damn!!! Prices went up. Understandable with the supply issues.

View attachment 796714
Aside from the wall hangings that’s a sweet room. What synthetic ice did you go with? I definitely see myself ordering some in the future.

Honestly I’d rather have that than a poker room. I know I’d see more of my friends with that than a poker table.

Looking forward to seeing the progress… My one suggestion would be to tinker with the floor plan. It looks to me like you could do a lot more by rearranging just a few things. For example, if you orient the table to the fireplace:

716C4E8F-FD17-4327-BA38-C61BE4A69D5B.jpeg

You could put one TV over the fireplace, add a bar with another TV, and have a big fridge in the corner.

Edit: Actually nevermind the fridge, I now see that corner is an entrance to the stairs. Maybe a beverage fridge under the bar then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom