Opinions on the Bellagio? (1 Viewer)

Love this school of thought! I think if this wasn't my first time in Vegas, I'd book the Luxor for the entire stay as I love the theme and price. As is, I really can't be dealing with the hassle of getting Ubers to and from centre strip on my first Vegas visit.
I like the MGM grand- close to Luxor, Excalibur, Mandalay Bay, and NyNY if you want, good card room at MGM anyway, and love the monorail for easy access to other mid strip hotels.
But also- for a first/ maybe only time center strip is pretty hard to beat, and we usually do Venetian when it's in the budget/ they have a special rate

I like the MGM grand- close to Luxor, Excalibur, Mandalay Bay, and NyNY if you want, good card room at MGM anyway, and love the monorail for easy access to other mid strip hotels.
But also- for a first/ maybe only time center strip is pretty hard to beat, and we usually do Venetian when it's in the budget/ they have a special rate
Will definitely have Venetian top of the list for my (inevitable) second stay!

Regardless, the US Government must be watching this thread, as this has not long been announced. Finally!

Screenshot_20210920_210214.jpg

I was in Vegas the weekend before last and stayed at The Mirage. In the past I would visit Caesars quite frequently, but it was a mess this time. Too much construction and all the gambling areas were really crowded and stuffy; it just seemed "off" compared to past visits. We did a second floor cabana there on Sunday though and it was a hit, especially with the swim-up blackjack. Maybe the inside gets cleaned up a bit before you go.

Venetian/Palazzo is always great all-around.

Either way, as long as you are mid-strip and equipped with sunscreen/gold bond, you should have a good time. Rooms are for sleeping anyway and you're there for a relatively long time Vegas-wise, so I don't think you'll be missing out on anything by staying a short walk away from most things.

Love this school of thought! I think if this wasn't my first time in Vegas, I'd book the Luxor for the entire stay as I love the theme and price. As is, I really can't be dealing with the hassle of getting Ubers to and from centre strip on my first Vegas visit.
I get it. I understand why you would want to do that. I live a 3 1/2 hr drive away, so for me it’s a different situation. I can go any weekend I want.

When I went to check prices through MLife the other night, I couldn't quite believe how cheap Park MGM was! After Exaclibur and Luxor, it was the cheapest option by a fair bit!
I had a horrible experience there when it was Monte Carlo. Walls were like paper and the neighbors in the adjoining room were smoking on a non-smoking floor (and it wasn't weed or cigs). Talked to the night manager and he basically told me to fuck off, it's Vegas.

Update: all booked for November! I'm not one for really hot weather, so it made sense to go when it was a little cooler — and a lot cheaper.

Screenshot_2022-02-06-23-18-19-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Can't really go wrong with the location, and went for one of the newly renovated Flamingo rooms as they're supposed to be really good for the price:

Decided to spend less on a hotel in the end, as I'd rather spend that saved money on gambling, food and harvesting!

If anyone is planning to be out there in November, let me know.

Update: all booked for November! I'm not one for really hot weather, so it made sense to go when it was a little cooler — and a lot cheaper.

View attachment 859619

Can't really go wrong with the location, and went for one of the newly renovated Flamingo rooms as they're supposed to be really good for the price:

Decided to spend less on a hotel in the end, as I'd rather spend that saved money on gambling, food and harvesting!

If anyone is planning to be out there in November, let me know.
Nice- Enjoy! I've always thought the Flamingo has one of the most convenient locations for checking out the rest of Vegas. Eay walking to anything mid-strip and one of the stops on the monorail for north or south strip.
Will miss you out there this time. Will be there end of September into October and again in January

Nice- Enjoy! I've always thought the Flamingo has one of the most convenient locations for checking out the rest of Vegas. Eay walking to anything mid-strip and one of the stops on the monorail for north or south strip.
Will miss you out there this time. Will be there end of September into October and again in January
Ahhhhh, shame you won't be out there the same time! But yeah, I figured I'm only going to need my hotel room as a place to sleep a couple of hours every night, so might as well be centre strip!

Screenshot_2022-07-11-00-09-34-11_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

Who's going to be in Vegas from the 16th to 24th of November then? I've spoken to @slisk250 and he said he should probably be about — any other takers?

I'll be playing golf at Wynn Golf Club if we've got any hackers fancying a round — or you're welcome to join me at one of the following restaurants I'll be booking (yes, I like planning my culinary options way in advance).

SW Steakhouse
Wing Lei
Andiamo
Bazaar Meat by José Andrés
Carversteak
Primal Steakhouse
Oscar's Steakhouse
L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon

View attachment 947670

Who's going to be in Vegas from the 16th to 24th of November then? I've spoken to @slisk250 and he said he should probably be about — any other takers?

I'll be playing golf at Wynn Golf Club if we've got any hackers fancying a round — or you're welcome to join me at one of the following restaurants I'll be booking (yes, I like planning my culinary options way in advance).

SW Steakhouse
Wing Lei
Andiamo
Bazaar Meat by José Andrés
Carversteak
Primal Steakhouse
Oscar's Steakhouse
L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon
I saw them in 2019 there. They were phenomenal.

Was just checking my Vegas dates (the 16th to 24th of November) against Wales' World Cup fixture dates — bearing in mind that this is our first World Cup since 1958 and the first in my lifetime.

Absolutely devastated to find out that our first game is on the 21st of November, meaning I won't be home to watch our first game with friends etc. And then I remembered who we are actually playing in that first game...

Screenshot_2022-07-31-17-56-15-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Couldn't have actually timed my trip any better! Apart from being in the stadium, can't think of anywhere I'd rather be given our opponent!

Bumping this is my trip is just one month away now — buzzing!

Going to be in Vegas from the 16th to 24th of November? Any PCFers / locals going to be in town for poker, drinks, food — or the following Golden Nights game? (@Okku for the latter, maybe?)

Screenshot_2022-10-15-17-06-19-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Bumping this is my trip is just one month away now — buzzing!

Going to be in Vegas from the 16th to 24th of November? Any PCFers / locals going to be in town for poker, drinks, food — or the following Golden Nights game? (@Okku for the latter, maybe?)

View attachment 1006667
If I'm available I'd be down to go to a Golden Knights game! Hell yeah, I haven't been yet which is sort of surprising :wow:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom