Opinions on Temp Set (1 Viewer)

The 13.5g Claysmith chips are well worth the money. Nice look, reasonably non-plasticky material, and between the chip material and the 13.5g weight, they stack waaaayyyy better than either Milanos or Majestic CCs. They're quite nice for the price.

The rub: if you expect a chip to sound like a Paulson or ASM when splashing the pot, you won't like these. While they sound better than 11.5g slugged nonsense, they are still a heavy slugged plastic chip.

So I couldn't help myself and will most likely just be going with the new royals. Still will give them to friend eventually, but why not spend a little more and get a good product. Here's the question, we normally are 6 to 7 handed and they are wanting to play bounty tourneys. I'm thinking I can easily keep this to 300 chips with 100x T25, 100x T100, 75x T500, and 25x T1000.

Is there a better breakdown for this kind of short handed bounty tourney?

So I couldn't help myself and will most likely just be going with the new royals. Still will give them to friend eventually, but why not spend a little more and get a good product. Here's the question, we normally are 6 to 7 handed and they are wanting to play bounty tourneys. I'm thinking I can easily keep this to 300 chips with 100x T25, 100x T100, 75x T500, and 25x T1000.

Is there a better breakdown for this kind of short handed bounty tourney?
I prefer fewer T500 and more T1000. I’d also get a roll of T5000, just to allow for rebuys and deeper stacks (if you ever want to go that route), and to make stacks more manageable later in the game.

75/75/50/75/25 will cover 6 players at 12/12/5/6, or 9 players at 8/8/4/7. If you do 100/100/50/100/50, you can easily handle 10 players.

I prefer fewer T500 and more T1000. I’d also get a roll of T5000, just to allow for rebuys and deeper stacks (if you ever want to go that route), and to make stacks more manageable later in the game.

75/75/50/75/25 will cover 6 players at 12/12/5/6, or 9 players at 8/8/4/7. If you do 100/100/50/100/50, you can easily handle 10 players.
Really not wanting to add another 100 chips. Was more asking if maybe starting as a T100 base would work better that short handed for a bounty tourney. Can also guarantee that if we do have a 10 person game, it will absolutely be a cash game with this group.

Really not wanting to add another 100 chips. Was more asking if maybe starting as a T100 base would work better that short handed for a bounty tourney. Can also guarantee that if we do have a 10 person game, it will absolutely be a cash game with this group.
Gotcha. T100 base seems to be the trend. You could do 10/6/6/6 for 40k stacks. 75/50/50/50/25 (100-25k) will cover 7 players with 250 chips.

Well crap it appears Apache is out of the 25k. This is going to end up turning into a blanks set and then a custom label isn't it?

Well crap it appears Apache is out of the 25k. This is going to end up turning into a blanks set and then a custom label isn't it?
I think the timeframe for restocks has been posted, but I don’t know when. @Apache would be able to tell you.

Also, I think Apache or ABC has Royal labels, so you could grab the 25k blanks Andy labels that you need.

And now this is going be to the high stakes ceramic set from Gene using the new discount code. This place is quite the rollercoaster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom