Opinions on my Chip design ? Wanted to try something new. (1 Viewer)

Niklas Becker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey,

so I made a chip design looking completly different to any chip design I have seen so far, and would like to hear some opinions.

R9Tmd
XDyHf
wAYCf
FYB5f

Hey there, welcome to PCF

I assume these are ceramic chips.

Firstly, those are some strange denominations! The 25 and 100 are good but lose the 50 and 250. No need

as for the look, if its something your eyes like then go ahead.. But just change the numbers and maybe put a picture in the middle? behind the denomination...

keep working on it.... good luck

Alright thanks for the feedback
Ye they are ceramics

Will rework 50 and 250 now

Last edited:
what do you mean with dirty stacks ? :)
Welcome.

When colors are similar between denominations, they can get mistaken and mixed together in a stack.

A stack of the same chip denom I guess would be a clean stack. A dirty stack would be mixed denoms in the same stack of chips.

A little goes a long way in chip design. Your chips have too much going on imo. The patterns are cool on the outside but the area around the denom would be better if it was solid or less complicated so it's easier to read.
Alright i try to get something less complicated on the inside

Not sure also, but the design might be too detailed and too ornate, which could lose clarity if you are printing these on Ceramic

Not sure also, but the design might be too detailed and too ornate, which could lose clarity if you are printing these on Ceramic
Busy can be okay if you include some quiet space from a design perspective.... Perhaps a plain circular background behind the chip denoms.

lower left is much better. All that is important is that you like the chips and that they will play well. That means it is easy to read the denom and they have colors different enough to easily tell them apart in a splashed pot.

Mock the whole set now with the lower left.

lower left is much better. All that is important is that you like the chips and that they will play well. That means it is easy to read the denom and they have colors different enough to easily tell them apart in a splashed pot.

Mock the whole set now with the lower left.
Aight

Alright, I´m done. I know its very special and I can understand that some people dont like it but as it is now im completly satisfied right now so I wont do anymore primary changes.

Here´s the end result:

MMAad.jpg

Thanks for all the advice :)

bottom middle is 500 still have to change that

beauty is in the eye of the beholder... so if you are happy with them then go ahead! :)

But if your going to be playing a standard tournament ( blinds 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200 etc) then do away with the 50 and 250 chip. Not needed.
Just stay with a 25, 100, 500 and 1000 chip.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder... so if you are happy with them then go ahead! :)

But if your going to be playing a standard tournament ( blinds 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200 etc) then do away with the 50 and 250 chip. Not needed.
Just stay with a 25, 100, 500 and 1000 chip.
agreed, a simple change in numeric value will go a long way

Agree with Spike. Dump the 50. Scratch it from the set. The purple 250... make it read 500.

What is your plan for the rolling edge?

I like the idea of written denoms on the side. It's different. However, they will be really difficult to distinguish in stacks based on color. Text on a rolling edge (or even a number) is difficult to read from a distance, especially on an 8 foot table, or if you plan on getting old. The colors need to be radically different, not just a couple of spots, and they need to match the primary color of the chip's face to prevent confusion.

every other rolling edge> written out, #, written out, #

example: twenty five, 25, twenty five, 25, twenty five, 25, etc etc

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom