Opinions fire inexpensive stampable SOLIDS (1 Viewer)

alabubba

Reaction score
I'm looking to put a set together specifically for Monopoly.
These chips will be used by crumb crunchers and curtain climbers so I don't want to spend much.
7 colors. Probably 50 of each color
I'm thinking hot stamped (enumeration) solids.
Input?
Recommendations?

I'm looking to put a set together specifically for Monopoly.
These chips will be used by crumb crunchers and curtain climbers so I don't want to spend much.
7 colors. Probably 50 of each color
I'm thinking hot stamped (enumeration) solids.
Input?
Recommendations?

They're going to be used by cats?

Maybe Unicorn chips (plastic) from GOCC. Ask for a quote - lots of base colours available, and can be hot stamped. If you can get away without a custom die, it'll probably be around 0.30 per chip.

Also, just because the board game has 7 denominations doesn't mean you have to as well. It plays better if you do the standard 1-5-25-100-500 poker progression.

Heck we play without singles and round everything to the nearest 5 that's above zero. (Mediterranean rent is 5.)

Monopoly with poker chips is the nuts! Makes the game twice as fast.
Yea I know old thread, but wanted to say thank you for saying this.

Every time I suggest we play Monopoly (or any board game that uses currency) with chips, I get the "Your obsessed with poker chips. can't you just give it a rest." rant from the family. I now have someone to corroborate my rationale that the game moves quicker and it has nothing to do with my interest in poker chips. (y) :thumbsup:

Of course the fact I'm citing a poster on PokerChipForum.com probably doesn't help my case that it isn't about poker chip obsession.

Yea I know old thread, but wanted to say thank you for saying this.
This 300-chip set currently for sale on the classifieds (for 33 cents a chip!) has a breakdown just screams 'use me for Monopoly/board games':
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/300-hotstamped-md-50-diasqr-chips-100-shipping.30917/

This set, even though it has a max denom of $200, but has a total bank of $12,050. Monopoly starts with $1500 per player -- so it should cover the bank, and $200 cash for passing go, although it's been a while since I played Monopoly.

There are also some threads on board game forums I've seen that talk about using poker chips.

Also, just because the board game has 7 denominations doesn't mean you have to as well. It plays better if you do the standard 1-5-25-100-500 poker progression.

Heck we play without singles and round everything to the nearest 5 that's above zero. (Mediterranean rent is 5.)
My quote was about US$0.37 per chip with black-only printed art on both sides, unaligned, with a stock mold. I'm not sure what their minimums are. 50 per chip on 7 different colours might be too small.
Is it possible to have both sides to be aligned (medal alignment)? And for the 100, what is the more suitable colour, Med. Brown or Silver?

Yes, for an extra charge, but I'm not sure what that charge is, probably around 0.10 per chip.
And what do you pick for the 100 and 500?
5: Raspberry Red
25: May Green
100: ?
500: ?
1000: Canary
5000: Orange Red/Paris Pink
25000: Sky Blue/Baby Blue

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom