Opinion on GlobalPost? (2 Viewers)

ArielVer18

Flush
Reaction score
I used Paypal to print an international label and it defaulted to GlobalPost. Unless I'm mistaken, GlobalPost is a shipping company that collects packages at a stateside sorting facility before shipping out to the destination country. However, I'm not sure why a third-party is involved when I'm buying a USPS medium flat rate label.

After a cursory search here, it appears GlobalPost was used in the recent thechiproom sale to international chippers. Seems like some people weren't satisfied with how long their package was stuck in the US sorting facility or the lack of timely tracking updates.

As a result, I voided and refunded the label to purchased a traditional USPS label. I've never used Globalpost before so I don't want to trust it without doing more research.

In case I want to reconsider GlobalPost in the future, what is everyone's opinion on it?

I've never heard of them, but I am interested in others opinions about it since it might help non-US based chippers out and make international shipping less of a headache.

My international packages have gone through there using ship station. I think the deal is that you electronically filled out custom forms but they do the official forms there with your package to get you through customs. Otherwise you’re going to have to do it all yourself. It may add a few days but it is more convenient for the shipper.

PS, you are going to end up with more than one tracking number. The number to get there and then there’s a secondary international tracking number. One package I sent to the UK even had a third number added but I think Royal Mail did that one.

I've had a handful of packages from the US go through GlobalPost and every one of them has been WAY WAY slower than normal USPS-only. If I had the option I would never ever use them.

As soon as paypal sent my shipping labels to ship station and global post instead of just giving me usps labels or ups labels or fedex labels, I never printed another label with them.

Who do you guys use instead? And does that service allow the same electronic custom information to be submitted or do you have to do it separately?

I mainly use pirateship, but will use PayPal (technically Shipstation now) when I think the price between the two software will be the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom