Online home games Poker Now (1 Viewer)

MemphisFats

Two Pair
Reaction score
Like many of you out there, my group of friends have been playing Pokerstars home games and setting up Google Meets so we can video chat and play.
After looking around for other platforms with poker and video chat combined I’ve stumbled across Poker Now. Are any of you using this site?
We did a real short test run the other night and it was ok, in some ways better than Pokerstars.
There’s no sign up click to play and then email the link to your group.
The video and audio seemed to work really well and it was nice each players video is next to their name, not in a grid or list in the side of the screen.
The gameplay was ok, it’s weird the way you select the raise button then the slid bar and different preset raise options appear.

Some areas I thought were very lacking compared to Pokerstars.
Max of 10 players
It seems this is set up more aimed at cash games with fixed blinds rather than a tournament blind schedule. You can insert your own blinds, level time and starting stacks but it is a bit of a pain.
There did not seem to be a rebuy option when setting up a tournament. The only way we found to do it was to pause the game when a player loses an all in, issue them more chips then unpause the game. Does anyone known of an easier way?

Does anyone know of any other sites that have video and audio built in? I also found the site LiPoker, but haven’t had the chance to test it yet. Although first impression was it wasn’t as good as Poker Now.

Let me know what you guys think and if you’re using any other sites?

I have been using pokernow for my regular game and for a pcf game. It has worked really well and for a site that’s completely free with no registration needed and virtually ad free, I have no complaints. Haven’t tried tournaments though so I can only comment on the cash side.

Does it take a rake like PokerStars?
We use PokerStars using play chips but pay the host the real $$. We figure out the rake and adjust the final payout based on 100% of the chips that should have been in play.

We don’t really play much anymore, my ‘non poker playing’ friends got bored. However, last time we went to play on pokernow the video wasn’t integrated the same way and it wasn’t as good. Now I believe Pokerstars has the video built in so if we do play again, we will be on Pokerstars.

We don’t really play much anymore, my ‘non poker playing’ friends got bored. However, last time we went to play on pokernow the video wasn’t integrated the same way and it wasn’t as good. Now I believe Pokerstars has the video built in so if we do play again, we will be on Pokerstars.
Yes, PokerStars now has audio/video. I just wish that the dealing was just a bit slower as with audio/ vid, it doesn't show a text box, so hard to see what the winning hand was.
We like it, and use an excel spreadsheet to determine the rake and adjust payouts based on 100%.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom