One small victory in an utterly crushing year. (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I haven’t been around much lately while deal with a myriad of issues. One of which was the baseless contestation of an estate by an extraordinarily greedy auctioneer using a grieving widow as a pawn. Covid and our court system hasn’t helped. It has been pretty much shut down in the traditional sense and court time reserved for “important” hearings. Long story short, the widow came to her senses and has seemingly, finally given up. I was asked yesterday to help my wife her sister drive a truck to go collect a massive collection. It was pretty awkward being that our relationship has also suffered critically.
Her dad collected everything tractors, trucks, cars and snowmobiles. All in all, a trailers worth of die cast toys, over 70 motorcycles, 70+snowmobiles, 4 transport trucks, two model A’s and several classic cars. If anybody here has good knowledge of what these things are worth please PM me. Obviously we’re looking locally for appraisals but PCF has some of the best degenerate collection junkies on the web and I’d love to hear what you think. All the vehicles run and are in working order. A little dusty, but we drove them off of the property.

7508A0C2-7CC8-4920-994C-B8A55E5BDC07.jpeg
A1FE7DE6-1A2B-4906-B9FB-6EB5193D1E50.jpeg
6BDD15D5-8F4B-4541-92CF-FED0A91CCAB3.jpeg
3CD00479-3592-40FC-9A99-DBCD4A1F2987.jpeg
D75A5313-162B-4CF0-9BF5-1A9101C5754C.jpeg
277F23BF-1EF7-41B6-A1A8-2F3C8D161748.jpeg
E2A7A532-53B5-4C5D-AF73-E79E0576953F.jpeg
5E6C2C0C-4B72-43D7-B440-09A4CAF656FB.jpeg
565817D6-9053-4F92-B576-E60A322BB051.jpeg
EB1055A3-3F52-4D42-B3C4-FE4406D26032.jpeg
35FBABD9-42EA-4A2C-A82C-035CDF02B29E.jpeg
A079887D-E055-49E2-AABC-62D7AA481588.jpeg
3FDA3643-EFA9-45F0-BD97-CEE82530478A.jpeg
9EE581A5-657E-43C1-BE09-0938C1204D5C.jpeg
972793EC-6CEF-4B10-8544-F574981578C3.jpeg
B7DDBC3C-3FB7-4C89-B3AB-33FCF861C146.jpeg

Congrats and also wtf??? :LOL: :laugh: Collecting little clay discs is probably weirder but at least you don’t need a hangar to do it.

Again congrats and sorry to hear about the stress involved. Hope it all turns out to be more than worth it.

I have been looking around for one of those old motorcycles for a while, just to use as a commuter. You can't find anything reasonably priced because of COVID and folks going away from public transportation. You have an airplane hanger of them!

I don't have any help to offer, but I'll tell you this, it's a seller's market. I know there are a bunch of classic bike restoration places popping up these days around here, you might go seek out one of those for the bikes. Older bikes like those are the new hipster thing.

American Pickers 100%.
This was my initial thought, too. The photos look like a segment on one of the shows.

That said, there used to be show in Canada called "Canadian Pickers," which was based on "American Pickers." The Canadian version ran from 2011 to 2013 before being canceled.

While it no longer airs, the show's Wikipedia page lists the two pickers, with both based in Calgary. Wouldn't hurt to maybe reach out to them to see if they're still picking on the side?

Good luck with the sale!

It all depends on how much time you want to put into it.

Someone could probably make a full time job out of all that stuff for quite some time, maybe years... idk. If you have more money than time then estate sale or auction. If you have more time than money then take your time with it and take one category at a time and learn a little about it and where & who buys and how much it is worth. Lots of it looks like collectors type stuff that will have a very limited audience as buyers, but some will have a wide audience like the over the road tractors. One quick search of "over the road tractor" brings up several sites that have hundreds of these things on them for sale. An afternoon of poking around and you will likely get a feel for what they are worth. Maybe tackle the easy & big stuff first like the big over the road trucks. Those could generate quite a bit of cash quickly and then you'll have some money to pay for storage and make it feel like it is worth spending more time on the project.

Good luck...
It is a big project, but one that looks like it is worth spending time on.

Auction is prob your best bet and most effecient
Yeah. We had an auctioneer more or less already picked out. His auction house was literally a kilometre away from this property which is already big enough to run the auction out of. So logistically it was a wet dream.
Right up until the auction owner (who is also a relative) decided he wanted it all for himself and started paying the widow’s legal fees and convinced her to contest the will. On several occasions this bastard breached a standing court order to not enter the storage facility yet as you can see he took it upon himself to use stickers to inventory everything for an auction he had no permission to run. He stole all kinds of stuff and has now damaged virtually every item because the stickers have damaged the paint and plastic surfaces of everything they were applied to. It’s a long story of evil, greed, pride and ignorance. So awful infact, that at one point the widow tried to convince the court that her husband, who had already been approved for assisted death which in itself requires the applicant to be of sound mind, was infact not of sound mind when the will was drawn up. So fucking disgusted, disappointed and blown away by the sheer audacity. This whole endeavour has destroyed and divided a whole family.
I could cry except I’m fresh of tears. I have some pretty awesome videos of this fucktard bringing his goons into the property to start fights. He even went as far as calling in our provincial police, who ended raiding the property pretty much at gun point because he told them were moving and had at our disposal huge amounts of hand guns. Which we did but were all moved while the father was still alive.
...but that’s a story for another day when our legal fight with that bastard is done... (but he was charged criminally for trespassing, making a false police report and disrupting a private gathering. And the police stuck around for a guided tour of the collection. :LOL: :laugh::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::cool

Last edited:
This really sucks to read about. I hope you and the family are all willing to come back together with the passage of some time. Best of luck with this project....sounds like quite the nightmare though.

The logistics and handling of a collection of that size is truly mind boggling. Maybe calling a lot of antique / antique vehicle dealers and they all work together on your behalf?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom