One of the greatest BCC customs ever? (3 Viewers)

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
I was cleaning up and found a cache of chips.
I found this sample set amongst some old hot pink tmolds. I totally forgot I even had these. Maybe traded samples with Patolando back in the day.

IMG_20200720_190042.jpg

It’s a very striking set.
I have a problem with the inlay to clay ratio. But I don’t think these inlays would be nearly as effective if the weren't giant. So I dunno
Props to the artist

Last edited:
Besides, @toad94 has the Silver Dust BCCs. Hard to beat that set.

Silver Dust is an amazing set that has some amazing unique features - 50MM chips, 8V to name a couple.

However, I don't feel that overall it's a very cohesive set. Feels like the everything but the kitchen sink was thrown at it. Feel like poker chip sensory overload from this set.

For my tastes - edgespot progression seems all over the place. Also didn't take advantage of BCC's strength - bright colors. Although the muted colors go with the prospecting theme.

Inlay is too complex for the theme - it doesn't fit.

Just my take.

EDIT: I think it would have been better if simplified and made as an ASM set. The brass flakes would have gone well with the theme.

Last edited:
One of my absolute favorites was the grand cardroom on the medium Greek key Mold.
That was a terrific set! I wish I had gotten in on the GB. There were just so many GBs going on during the final days of BCC. Too many and not enough funds.

I want so badly to petition Paulson to get the BCC molds and color palates out of storage and offer them to the home market.

It would be a crime against humanity if they were literally thrown in the garbage never to be seen or heard from again.

What was the other awesome giant inlay BCC set, Duy’s Palace? I think there were others too...

Maybe that giant inlay (along with hot stamps) was the sweet spot for BCC, since their regular inlays were so often a mess

I want so badly to petition Paulson to get the BCC molds and color palates out of storage and offer them to the home market.

It would be a crime against humanity if they were literally thrown in the garbage never to be seen or heard from again.

BCC molds & colors combined with Paulson QC....THAT would get me excited ;)

I thought they were shadowy human silhouettes until I zoomed in :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I took me a long time to figure out that they’re peppers too. :)

I like some of the color matching and the basic inlay design, don’t like the oversized inlay, the font, or the “sponsored by” which gives it a bland corporate sponsorship feel.

Can you imagine if the WSOP chips all had “sponsored by Jack’s Links Beef Jerky”or whomever their sponsor is now all over the inlay?:wtf:

@TheDuke I always loved your BCC hot stamped set with TRK denoms. I think you sold them but I always secretly admired them back in the Chiptalk days.

I don’t like writing out “Sponsored by” and the general inlay design. But more than that, I don’t like how the color matching is not consistently executed (from chip to chip). Why is the $5 primarily blue? Why does the $20 have multi colored peppers?
Can’t decide between rating it 1 or 2.

@TheDuke I always loved your BCC hot stamped set with TRK denoms. I think you sold them but I always secretly admired them back in the Chiptalk days.

Yeah, I really regret selling them. I'm not sure if I even have any pics of them anymore.

They were supposed to have the TRK stamp on one side and then a custom J5 designed stamp on the reverse side. BCC screwed up and just did TRK stamps on each side.

It always bugged me that there were two white chips, and one repeated spot pattern .

And some inlays are coloured matched to spots and some to the base colour.

That set is all over the place. Cool colours though I'll say that. I kinda like the inlays too, but the above mentioned issues really tilt me.

Oversized inlays cover too much of the beauty of a clay chip IMO. If you want something that covers that up just go ceramic. CPC has retro colors and also dayglow colors that do not have brass flakes. I once had a set of BCC high roller club chips. I waited in the weeds coveting them from afar and was able to grab them from the ct classifieds. However once I got them the giant inlay covering those awesome spot combos turned me off. Sold them a couple months later. That’s just me though.

Oversized inlays cover too much of the beauty of a clay chip IMO. If you want something that covers that up just go ceramic. CPC has retro colors and also dayglow colors that do not have brass flakes. I once had a set of BCC high roller club chips. I waited in the weeds coveting them from afar and was able to grab them from the ct classifieds. However once I got them the giant inlay covering those awesome spot combos turned me off. Sold them a couple months later. That’s just me though.

I do understand that CPC has colors without the brass flakes in them, but I believe that some colors, name black and gray, would be awesome as options without the flakes as they're very prevalent in those particular colors.

In general I totally agree. Giant inlays cover too much. This Contreras Landa set is an exception for me. I just love the inlay design. Although, in actual practice of playing a game of poker, I may not like this set as much as these giant inlays tend to make chips feel too slippery.

Love the 8v on the high roller set. But I wasn't a fan of the actual inlay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom