One of Our Own Can Use Our Thoughts and Prayers (1 Viewer)

I’m absolutely devastated hearing this. I’ve had the please of meeting Mark, and enjoyed our short time together. His family is in my prayers

Very Sad news My Prayers to Mark's Family and friends. May God be with them and watch over them during this time.

I never interacted with Mark personally, but he always seemed like a nice dude from his posts.

This is awful to hear. Thoughts to his family.

I never had the opportunity to interact with Mark, however am nonetheless saddened by this news. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Oh dang, this is awful. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP to a fellow chipper

Horrible news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Mark in person, but interacted with him here on the forum. Super nice guy. He helped me out with my CPC sets collection by donating a set of his chips to me. That's how he rolled.

RIP my chipping brother.

1630988678446.png

Mark was a really good guy, father and teacher. After I joined PCF, he and I chatted a bit about a set I was working on, then he invited me over to play. His group of players were a motley crew of interesting, funny and smart gentlemen (no idea why I was sitting there). Showing up early, Mark always shared his knowledge, humor and even a cigar or two... Over a few year, we spoke of whiskey, Belgium beers and poker... LOTS of poker.

I was very lucky to have met Mark Moore and to have called him a friend.

While I'm not sure he loved some of my choices with the set I ultimately built, he was super helpful in improving the design and execution of these:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.18.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.18.39 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
I got to meet Mark once at the first Alamo. I really enjoyed his company, I could tell from the littler interaction I had he was a genuine great guy.
He subsequently got involved with a college football gambling ring I run. He was one of the winners from 2019.
When I sent out the emails for this year he didn't respond. I thought it was kind of strange, then I find out from David's first post he was in the hospital.

Obviously my wife had never met him but we were both moved reading his wife's post on the CareBridge site.
It really put things in perspective these last 2 days. I sure hope. like everyone else, I realize every day how precious family is and how unimportant everything else that upset me is.
Rest in Peace Mark!
Thoughts and Prayers to your family.

Ugh :( Never knew the man but these stories are always tough. My condolences to the family.

I've found it hard to reply to this. There are really no words. :cry:

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark on more than one occasion and enjoyed his company and conversation immensely. He was one hell of a nice guy and at the tables I could never run a bluff by him. For Mark, he is at peace now and my prayers are now for his wife & family. They have the hard road to walk now & need our thoughts & prayers going forward. RIP buddy.

The update today said that they will hold a vigil for Mark on September 21. He will receive Full Military Honors at his graveside service being held at Fort Sam Houston on September 22. I will update with specifics once I receive them.
Hi David, could we maybe run a PCF collection for some flowers to be sent ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom