Wanted One Dunes Chip (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, you read that right: 1 chip. I'm just starting out on this chipping hobby and have collected some samples and a few barrels and to date have liked the sample Dunes chips that I got from Apache. Then I saw the recent sale of an incredible set from davislane that captivated me. Here I am, a couple weeks into the rabbit hole and I'm drooling over a $6K set, which would be nothing compared to the divorce costs. Damn. Who says money can't buy happiness :)

I think my goal at this point is to buy mostly barrels and put together rack sets, ie a collection of 100, maybe 200. I don't even gamble and don't do poker nights so I don't need 500+ chip sets (yet)... So if I put together a small set of nice Dunes Paulsons then it'll be by being patient and looking for qty's of 10 or 20 low denom chips. Probably take me years.

I want to see and hold a Paulson Dunes chip, any denomination. If somebody has as barrel they want to send I'll entertain that as well but for now this is the beginning of my Dunes set.

Yeah, the hobby is a problem in itself. But the Dunes bug is incurable.

Ask me how I know... :oops:
I get it. I've seen pictures of a lot of forgettable chips but for some reason this one connected with me right away. I also like the Paulson Pharoahs as well, but at present Dunes is likely what I'll set my sights on.

You could satisfy your itch with Dunes Commemorative chips until the time is right.
Are those the ones that Apache sells? I've actually thought about putting together a rack set of those, would cost $50 and I may do that. But in the mean time I'll start collecting the real deal.

1665830498230.png

1665830525872.png

1665830545750.png

There are actually numerous Dunes different sets out there. You can see a lot of them here:
http://chipguide.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=NVLVDU&v=563518843

The ones we talk about here a lot are the ones that were made in the late 80s.

You can find singles from Spinettis:
https://spinettisgaming.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&q=Dunes

You'll pay more buying singles than you would from a chipper here however.
Holy cow, there are a lot of different Dunes chips. There's a '65 $5 chip (one) for $3.5K!

And I've seen references on this forum to baccarat chips. Can anybody tell me what that's all about?

Holy cow, there are a lot of different Dunes chips. There's a '65 $5 chip (one) for $3.5K!

And I've seen references on this forum to baccarat chips. Can anybody tell me what that's all about?
Baccarat chips have an inlay that says 'baccarat' across the top and are bigger. The denominations are normally sometimes a bit different like $20.

Tha baccarat chips look very similar, but they're bigger chips - 43mm vs 39mm

8ABC0AD5-C379-4AA2-B1E8-8287677F30A8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom