One Down 99 to go (1 Viewer)

Grimace

Full House
Reaction score
Did one up quick. They are a bit of a pain but that’s not gonna stop me from murdering them all :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
7C047057-21B4-4CFC-B21D-D5D3F3965983.jpeg
2F491D76-BDDF-4C31-BC5F-078B06EC4D0C.jpeg

Just noticed that using tap hot water peels the labels like a dream but I’ve now got 10-15 warped chips. Guess I’m gonna learn to flatten some chips. Also going to look for another to remove the labels. Maybe just warm water and a little longer soak.

Any tips for flattening these? I’ve got ceramic chips to use (39mm) and a clamp. Thought about either using the hot water that wrapped them or a big heating pad that I warm up in the microwave.

What are those?
Btw I’d be weary about clamping at high temperatures. Seems like if its hot enough to bend the chips with the pressure it’s probably enough to mash in the edges where contact is being made.

They are amazing in person. I’ll use a heating pad I think so not too hot and ceramic chips in between each one to be flattened.
People used to put a barrel between two ceramic chips in a vise in the oven on a really low heat

These are a nightmare to murder. I’ve got the plastic off of all of the chips but the labels are welded onto the chips. Hot water works on some but other even that does nothing to lift it. Gonna be a while to get these all done.

These are a nightmare to murder. I’ve got the plastic off of all of the chips but the labels are welded onto the chips. Hot water works on some but other even that does nothing to lift it. Gonna be a while to get these all done.
Not every chip is created equally. Some are a breeze to murder and some are much more difficult. I am not sure if you have tried other methods, but in general water is not a good solvent. You need something that will melt the adhesive and not melt the chip. Generally the two most common things are alcohol and non acetone nail polish remover. I have used both extensively and sometimes one is better than the other. In any case, you have to use something more agressive than water....

I’ve tried hand sanitizer and on these it doesn’t seem to do the trick.maybe some npr is next.

Not every chip is created equally. Some are a breeze to murder and some are much more difficult. I am not sure if you have tried other methods, but in general water is not a good solvent. You need something that will melt the adhesive and not melt the chip. Generally the two most common things are alcohol and non acetone nail polish remover. I have used both extensively and sometimes one is better than the other. In any case, you have to use something more agressive than water....

Theres someoen else who murdered these and had trouble. I'll have to find the thread. Thats why I decided to just overlabel mine. haha

These were a pain. Indeed

I did find high alcohol content hand sanitizer (75% and up) did help me.

Here is what I used...
16287839980671088290667598215446.jpg
16287840730771685901333593051058.jpg

So, I'd first get all the plastic off, as you have. Then squirt a dab of sanitizer on the label. Let it soak for 5-10mins. Then, I'd wear rubber gloves and remove the label under running hot water, ever so carefully and gently. It was a labor of love. I did warp 4 or 5 chips a bit.

NPR did nothing for me at any point for my job..and I couldn't agree more with @Nanook , every chip can be a different experience within a given barrel

I also used a nailbed scraper from my wife's nail kit and it worked very well to scrape the surface of the label area and not remove any clay.

Well worth all the trouble!
16287841289066120509169634046064.jpg

Nice work Stephen! Worth every step...once you get them labels on! As good as it gets if you don't got the real McCoy, I say!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom