Olive oil on new China clays? (3 Viewers)

Whatever funky oil is used (just use mineral oil please). I've tried all kinds of crap, even wood-spoon wax.
If dirty, clean 1st. Then oil.
Be careful to not leave it on too long (to let it soak into the inlay). Just smear and wipe (2+ times wiped if needed)(& NO soaking!).
If oil is on too ling you will get the oil embedded into the inlay and will see it forever.
Been there (especially with BCC chips), but fortunately no inlays dropped off).
Still: over oiling is chip abuse.
Edit: i never tried motor oil...

Whatever funky oil is used (just use mineral oil please). I've tried all kinds of crap, even wood-spoon wax.
If dirty, clean 1st. Then oil.
Be careful to not leave it on too long (to let it soak into the inlay). Just smear and wipe (2+ times wiped if needed)(& NO soaking!).
If oil is on too ling you will get the oil embedded into the inlay and will see it forever.
Been there (especially with BCC chips), but fortunately no inlays dropped off).
Still: over oiling is chip abuse.
Edit: i never tried motor oil...
Lol @ motor oil, you didn't want your chips to have a nice brownish tinge? At least they'd be flame-retardant...

What about peanut oil? Avocado oil?
The problem with those oils for chips is they can go rancid in time. The funk from rancid oil is not nice and would require a cleaning to remove.

As an aside, and not 100% related to oiling chips, but is in a round about way. Many years ago, A player in my game came in late with Mickey-D's or Jack in the Crack and proceeded to eat his burger and fries while playing. The burger was well contained in it's wrapper, but fries are finger food. I didn't worry about it too much at the time.

The game didn't go for a few weeks (travel, players unavailable, etc.) and when I opened the cage to sort what chips were coming for the game 12 hours away, the stench of old french fries was borderline revolting. Rather than sorting starting stacks, I wound up having to clean and re-oil (properly) the lot.

After that, I put restrictions on what food was allowed at the table and instituted a "wash your damn hands" rule after eating.

Extra-virgin
CRETAN-GOLD-poligloso-ola-tetragono-boukali.jpg

The problem with those oils for chips is they can go rancid in time. The funk from rancid oil is not nice and would require a cleaning to remove.

As an aside, and not 100% related to oiling chips, but is in a round about way. Many years ago, A player in my game came in late with Mickey-D's or Jack in the Crack and proceeded to eat his burger and fries while playing. The burger was well contained in it's wrapper, but fries are finger food. I didn't worry about it too much at the time.

The game didn't go for a few weeks (travel, players unavailable, etc.) and when I opened the cage to sort what chips were coming for the game 12 hours away, the stench of old french fries was borderline revolting. Rather than sorting starting stacks, I wound up having to clean and re-oil (properly) the lot.

After that, I put restrictions on what food was allowed at the table and instituted a "wash your damn hands" rule after eating.
Did you ever get a player that ate fish and chips?

Did you ever get a player that ate fish and chips?
Maybe before hand, but never at the table. :wow:

Yet another reason why I instituted a "no eating at the table" rule. Fermented fry juice once was enough. Maybe the smell reminded me too much of my first job at a fast food restaurant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom