Old West Poker Supplies Site Update (1 Viewer)

ABC Gifts and Awards

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

Just wanted to give an update on what is going on with the Old West site. Orders are still being refunded at this time. Unfortunately, things are not looking good at this point for the site continuing on.

We will most likely add the other sizes and chips to our site so they are still available for custom orders, but it is probably unlikely that there will be more chips manufactured with Salvatore's artwork.

If there is anyone on here who is a lawyer or probate lawyer that I could ask a question, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Gene

UPDATE: Unfortunately Old West Poker Supplies is closing. I wish Salvatore’s brother Michael and sister Amanda the best! This has been a very difficult situation for them, and although this isn’t the result that we as a poker chip community we’re hoping for, it is the right decision for them.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone-

Just wanted to give an update on what is going on with the Old West site. Orders are still being refunded at this time. Unfortunately, things are not looking good at this point for the site continuing on.

We will most likely add the other sizes and chips to our site so they are still available for custom orders, but it is probably unlikely that there will be more chips manufactured with Salvatore's artwork.

If there is anyone on here who is a lawyer or probate lawyer that I could ask a question, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Gene

PM coming

Michael and I have been in frequent communication...it is definitely not a problem with that, nor their desire to keep Salvatore's work moving forward.

That's really sad to hear. Is there anything I can do out here in Portland? Michael and I have stayed in communication.

Hi Everyone-

Thanks,
Gene

Thanks for the update, Gene -- and I hope that everything works for the best.

Could you clarify something for us: I know you're saying that orders are being refunded, so no new chips using Sal's artwork are being produced... would you ever be in a position to produce chips using designs that had already been produced by OWPS (ie. add-ons)?

Sorry to hear that Gene, probate cases are a PITA. Certainly hope that Sal's work can continue but I understand how these things can seem to move at glacier pace.

Thanks for the the update.

Original post has been updated. Unfortunately not the news that we were hoping for, but I understand that it is the right decision for Michael and Amanda.

Thanks,
Gene

Any of the PMs change anything?

Might have to post a WTB for rack of Tangiers $1's and rack of $5's

The folks who PM'ed were extremely generous with their time and knowledge. Unfortunately, the information that they provided confirmed that we and the family would not move forward with trying to sell the Old West business.

Any of the PMs change anything?

Hi Gene,

I know old west used to deal with virtual items but what is happening to all the group buy chips? I know a bunch of people had gone in on the group buy but I’m sure sal had lots of inventory to sell after. What if those chips?

Hi Gene,

I know old west used to deal with virtual items but what is happening to all the group buy chips? I know a bunch of people had gone in on the group buy but I’m sure sal had lots of inventory to sell after. What if those chips?

They were printed on demand.
Not stocked in the sense of backroom inventory.

They were printed on demand.
Not stocked in the sense of backroom inventory.

Thanks for the update. I wasn’t sure a whole big lot was printed and there were extra around that they were going to sell after the group buy.

I've kept all my original artwork for ceramics that Sal helped me make many years ago. It wouldn't be a problem to approach you with the original artwork files if I ever need to do an add-on, right?

I've kept all my original artwork for ceramics that Sal helped me make many years ago. It wouldn't be a problem to approach you with the original artwork files if I ever need to do an add-on, right?
If you own the rights to the artwork and have the Illustrator print ready files then it should not be any issue.

Correct...if you have the artwork, there's no problem in doing add-on's.

I am Shanmukha Meruga. I recently ordered some sample sets and paid the money for them on oldwestpoker. I have requested a refund for the 45$ on paypal. I bought 5 sample sets worth 45$. Can you please accept my request and refund the 45$? I have atached the invoice below.

Attachments

• gg.png
    gg.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 259
I am Shanmukha Meruga. I recently ordered some sample sets and paid the money for them on oldwestpoker. I have requested a refund for the 45$ on paypal. I bought 5 sample sets worth 45$. Can you please accept my request and refund the 45$? I have atached the invoice below.

You might want to read the update at the bottom of post #1.

That dog won't hunt

Hi Everyone-

Thanks,
Gene

UPDATE: Unfortunately Old West Poker Supplies is closing. I wish Salvatore’s brother Michael and sister Amanda the best! This has been a very difficult situation for them, and although this isn’t the result that we as a poker chip community we’re hoping for, it is the right decision for them.

So how do I get my $45 back? Why is the website still accepting money from customers if the website is closed?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom