Old/New Member (1 Viewer)

jvspin

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, revisting this site after a 7 year hiatus. Thought all my stats had been wiped but I had the site confused with CT (I'm suprised it's gone).

Been into poker since I was little, even made my own poker chip carousel type carrier in woodshop when I was in highschool.

Back in 2014 I was looking into getting a better set of chips and voraciously read the CT forum. Ended up getting a set of the china clays from Bay Area Poker just as they were closing up shop. Then went back and bought a bunch more chips from them.

Have to be careful not to get hooked into another collectable hobby, though chips don't take up nearly the space as pinball machines. :)

Hello and welcome back to the forum !!!
Collecting chips is the only hobby that you
need - LOL !!!

Hold on to your butt. These days, a set of chips will cost you more than a pinball machine.
I'm holding on :). What's the range of prices on say a 1000 piece chip set?
Pinball machines roughly go for between $500 and $15,000.

I’d say roughly $500 to $15,000
I’m not even joking. There are actually some decent custom ceramics coming out of China for something like 35 cents per chip. On the other end, if you could find somebody willing to sell you some minty leaded Paulson THCs, you’re probably looking at $15 per chip, give or take. But that’s more than double what they were selling for at this time last year, so the market is kind of in flux.

I’m not even joking. There are actually some decent custom ceramics coming out of China for something like 35 cents per chip. On the other end, if you could find somebody willing to sell you some minty leaded Paulson THCs, you’re probably looking at $15 per chip, give or take. But that’s more than double what they were selling for at this time last year, so the market is kind of in flux.
Pinball got way more expensive this year. The new pin I ordered two weeks ago was almost $9k :( Check out the Banning pinball auction prices from the last couple of weeks... yikes
Yikes is right on both counts! Hard to believe people were paying the Banning prices. Seems like everything is getting a lot more expensive these days.

MaxB, which machine did you get?

Yikes is right on both counts! Hard to believe people were paying the Banning prices. Seems like everything is getting a lot more expensive these days.

MaxB, which machine did you get?
Godzilla premium. Should arrive in November (hopefully)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom