Old Desjgn - Is there a current alternative with same card stock? (2 Viewers)

davefr

Pair
Reaction score
Last night we were playing with a NOS set of Desjgn and the card stock is nearly perfect. Slightly thinner, not as stiff and better handling then the new Dal Negro Desjgns.

This thread suggests they were old Modiano but the specs look different than their Texas Poker or Platinums. Does anyone know if this old Desjgn card stock is available from a different brand? Is there a current Modiano or other card that matches these old Desjgn card stock characteristics?
aaaaaCapture.JPG

P1100611.JPG
P1100613.JPG

Do you know the model names of those cards?
From what I’ve gathered, @desjgn has used three different vendors over the years - Dal Negro, Amass, and Modiano. And there have probably been two different Modiano stocks used, and possibly the same for Amass?

Do you know the model names of those cards?
From what I’ve gathered, @desjgn has used three different vendors over the years - Dal Negro, Amass, and Modiano. And there have probably been two different Modiano stocks used, and possibly the same for Amass?
No, I don't see any model name or numbers. They kind of feel like KEMs acetate but a little stiffer which is a good thing. New DalNegro Desjgns feel like Fournier but a little less stiff. I'd rate these old Desjgns as nearly perfect. I don't see any other card stock in the database with these specs.

No, I don't see any model name or numbers. They kind of feel like KEMs acetate but a little stiffer which is a good thing. New DalNegro Desjgns feel like Fournier but a little less stiff. I'd rate these old Desjgns as nearly perfect. I don't see any other card stock in the database with these specs.
Those are Classic Victorians V1. There were three versions of Classic Victorians as far as I know, each version on a different stock and on different colors.

And per Jason (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/2019-project.36618/post-731382), the Classic Victorians V1s were printed on the Amass stock, although a different Amass stock that has been used for the Classic Circle.

And yes, it is a lovely stock! And so is the Modiano stock Desjgn used for some of their old releases.

Last edited:
Those are Classic Victorians V1. There were three versions of Classic Victorians as far as I know, each version on a different stock and on different colors.

And per Jason (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/2019-project.36618/post-731382), the Classic Victorians V1s were printed on the Amass stock, although a different Amass stock that has been used for the Classic Circle.

And yes, it is a lovely stock! And so is the Modiano stock Desjgn used for some of their old releases.
Thanks, IMHO those Classic Victorian V1's are nearly the perfect handing card. But I'm pleasantly surprised with the new Broken Arrows. They're really close to the old V1's. Do you know who all uses Amass card stock?

The Classic Victorian V1 and Classic Victorian V3 were available in red/blue, and there was a very limited run of red/blue of v2 as I recall (I had a setup, and foolishly gave them away when I sold a chip set). Some of the cards (such as the AoS and the 9 of each suite) would confirm if they are V1. If they have the 3x3 grid for the 9 cards, then they are v1. I do not recall the stock they used.

Pictures of the AoS for V1 vs V2 can be seen in the following post
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-review.3776/post-14667

The Classic Victorian V1 and Classic Victorian V3 were available in red/blue, and there was a very limited run of red/blue of v2 as I recall (I had a setup, and foolishly gave them away when I sold a chip set). Some of the cards (such as the AoS and the 9 of each suite) would confirm if they are V1. If they have the 3x3 grid for the 9 cards, then they are v1. I do not recall the stock they used.

Pictures of the AoS for V1 vs V2 can be seen in the following post
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-review.3776/post-14667

Don't remember seeing blue/red on the V2s but you're right, both V1 and V3 had the blue/red option, although not the exact same shades of those colors. V1 used Amass stock, V2 Modiano and V3 Dal Negro.

V1:

1694606593784.png

V3:

1694606629639.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom