Oiling Poker Chips - The Assembly Line Method (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
The last few times I've oiled chips, I used an assembly line method.

You have to do the poker chip rolling edges first. Grab a barrel right from the rack and hold it tight. Take a micro fiber towel with a little mineral oil on it and do the rolling edge of the entire barrel at once. While still holding the barrel tight, wipe it dry.

Then start the assembly line for the poker chip faces. It goes quick so have a few scrap pieces cardboard ready to go as drying racks. USPS Large Flat rate boxes work great and are stiff enough that you can move the drying chip around with ease. Any thick cardboard will work though

The Assembly Line Method

oiling-poker-chips.png

Note: I recommend putting plastic down or a few layers of cardboard underneath the assembly line so the mineral oil doesn't come in contact the surface below unless its non-porous and can be wiped clean. I do it on my workbench which has plastic mats.
  • Put about a quarter size spot of mineral oil on the first towel. Use your fingers to spread out. Give it a minute to soak into the towel.
  • Slide the poker chip across the first micro fiber with the mineral oil on it. Turn it over and slide the other side across. You'll figure out the right pressure to use to get all the nooks and crannies of the mold after a few chips.
  • Move to the next dry micro fiber and do the same.
  • Repeat on the 3rd micro fiber.
  • Then place the poker chip on the cardboard to air dry overnight.

IMG_20180101_103100.jpg
20160209_230304.jpg

I've done this method with my CPC Broken Bell chips, Paulson Casablanca chips and a few others with great results.

Last edited:
Seems like it might be easier on the hands than the pressure oil method. I think chips like CC's might require a bit move love though since they seem to soak the oil better than a Paulson (never oiled a CPC chip)?

Good idea with the cardboard "drying racks", quicker than laying out tons of paper towels!

The last few times I've oiled chips, I used an assembly line method.

You have to do the poker chip rolling edges first. Grab a barrel right from the rack and hold it tight. Take a micro fiber towel with a little mineral oil on it and do the rolling edge of the entire barrel at once. While still holding the barrel tight, wipe it dry.

Then start the assembly line for the poker chip faces. It goes quick so have a few scrap pieces cardboard ready to go as drying racks. USPS Large Flat rate boxes work great and are stiff enough that you can move the drying chip around with ease. Any thick cardboard will work though

The Assembly Line Method

View attachment 153549
Note: I recommend putting plastic down or a few layers of cardboard underneath the assembly line so the mineral oil doesn't come in contact the surface below unless its non-porous and can be wiped clean. I do it on my workbench which has plastic mats.
  • Put about a quarter size spot of mineral oil on the first towel. Use your fingers to spread out. Give it a minute to soak into the towel.
  • Slide the poker chip across the first micro fiber with the mineral oil on it. Turn it over and slide the other side across. You'll figure out the right pressure to use to get all the nooks and crannies of the mold after a few chips.
  • Move to the next dry micro fiber and do the same.
  • Repeat on the 3rd micro fiber.
  • Then place the poker chip on the cardboard to air dry overnight.

View attachment 153550 View attachment 153552

I've done this method with my CPC Broken Bell chips, Paulson Casablanca chips and a few others with great results.
I can just imagine. "Honey, I need to do laundry, Can you PLEASE relocate the chips?"

Still in the "assembly line shoe polish applicator" camp. Nothing faster imo....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom