Oiling Chips with Non-Laminated Labels vs Laminated (1 Viewer)

codeman00

Flush
Reaction score
My non-laminated labels are on their way for my Paulson chips. I've only used laminated labels in the past.

I don't want to oil my chips before I apply the labels because it might affect the adhesive but I'm curious to whether it's okay to oil the chips with non-laminated labels?

My non-laminated labels are on their way for my Paulson chips. I've only used laminated labels in the past.

I don't want to oil my chips before I apply the labels because it might affect the adhesive but I'm curious to whether it's okay to oil the chips with non-laminated labels?

You should be fine. I've had no issue oiling chips after applying @Gear labels (both laminated and non-laminated). And yes, you should avoid oiling before applying the label as it would likely compromise the adhesion to some degree.

Reactions: 72o
I concur -- I haven't done extensive testing of oiling chips after labelling, but it is DEFINITELY better to oil after labelling than before labelling.

Yes. Give the chips and labels a few days before hitting them with oil. And use a very small amount. It's shocking how far a tad of oil will go.

I always make them dripping wet, let them sit, and wipe off the extra later. That's probably not ideal, but that's what I do.

I always make them dripping wet, let them sit, and wipe off the extra later. That's probably not ideal, but that's what I do.

It's certainly not ideal, especially in the context of a relabeled chip as you want to avoid oil seeping under the edge of the label itself. I would recommend at least trying some other oiling techniques and see how they work out for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom