Oiled Paulsons sticky? (2 Viewers)

EpicAS

High Hand
Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia (US Address Available)
Hi folks,
I recently gave my newly acquired Paulsons chips a nice coat of oil and the colours are event more vibrant now. BUT… i have a “problem”. As the title says, some of them are now quite sticky. Does anyone else have this problem?

These are the types of chips I have and the result of being oiled:
HSI $5 primaries = great before and great after oil.
HS Cleveland $100 primaries = great before and great after oil.
Jack Cincinnati $25 primaries = ok before, but STICKY now after oil.

AlbinoDragon

Two Pair
Reaction score
Only time I have experienced oiled chips that felt sticky were because there was too much oil used. Maybe it's worth wiping off the chips with a dry rag or towel to suck up any excess.

The amount of oil that's needed is actually very small. I'm still on my first bottle and that's after having oiled probably 40k chips.

[EDIT] - Did you use normal mineral oil or something else? The stickiness might be from the oil you were using. (???)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, too much oil. You can probably put them in a bathroom sink, 1 rack at a time. Fill the sink and swirl them around in the sink to rinse them. Then dry them with a towel and lay them on a fresh towel to dry. Be careful to use cold or mildly warm water. Not hot.

AH77

Two Pair
Reaction score
Not sure how much oil you used but a half cap of mineral oil is good for like 100-200 chips for me usually.

EpicAS

High Hand
Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia (US Address Available)
[EDIT] - Did you use normal mineral oil or something else? The stickiness might be from the oil you were using. (???)
Yeah I used mineral oil.

And thanks for the responses! I tried rinsing a few and wiping down and they are much better.

This is odd because the horseshoe Cincinnati and HSI chips were perfectly fine (I used the same cloth without adding any extra oil).

Top Bottom