Oil Slightly, Good Things (1 Viewer)

Mangatang

Straight
Reaction score
Would you believe the blues in between the reds are the same as the ones in the next barrel over? A little oil goes a long way.

606FB6F9-C389-4C0E-8404-2E962CA014D1.jpeg

Faces too, why not? Makes the entire chip look waaaaaaaay better

Last edited:
I recently received 500 Jacks Cincinnati $5 chips from the Chip Room Sale. I bought the pre-cleaned chips that were an excellent deal. The chips were very dry and a little faded. I tried the oil and water trick. I bought a strainer and 10 inch bowl at the Dollar Store. I used 2 small plastic spoons full of mineral oil and a little over a quart of water. I added about a half a spoon full of oil for every rack I dunked. Dipping the strainer in the mix seemed to keep the oil and water somewhat mixed. I tried to drop the chips in separately by sliding them off my hand then stirring them by hand for about 15-20 seconds before dumping them on a towel. After they were patted then dry I edge oiled then in plastic racks. I wiped the labels off removing a little mineral oil film. 24 hours later I couldn't be happier. The color is much brighter and crisper, They don't look like the same chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom