Oil or not??? (2 Viewers)

another visual reason to oil. @Perthmike you really like the chalky look?

I'm not sure I'll do the blues and yellows. They don't seem to benefit as much

View attachment 224598ml a
The colours look amazing when oiled and I love them both ways.

I hate a chalky cpc chip. The difference between chalky and oily TRKs is almost the same as with cpcs, so logically I should prefer them oiled.

I just have this weird thing for a chalky trk chip lol. Who knows, since I’ve never owed them, I’d probably end up chucking some oil on too.

Now please stop tagging me in TRK pron posts, my resolve is wavering and my wallet can’t afford the consequences :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The colours look amazing when oiled and I love them both ways.

I hate a chalky cpc chip. The difference between chalky and oily TRKs is almost the same as with cpcs, so logically I should prefer them oiled.

I just have this weird thing for a chalky trk chip lol. Who knows, since I’ve never owed them, I’d probably end up chucking some oil on too.

Now please stop tagging me in TRK pron posts, my resolve is wavering and my wallet can’t afford the consequences :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Take the plunge. You won't regret it.

In the spirit of “get samples” I would say if you have a few extras to do some “test” oiling with a tiny amount of mineral oil it will be worth your while. It’s mostly personal preference. I got some samples of the Monacos and Elites and I can see a bit of oil possibly looking nice on the rolling edge. I considered not oiling my CPC sets to put them in play and let them wear in naturally, but after some testing I loved the color pop so much I decided to oil them all. The difference can be striking.
89E97550-EFB4-460D-B2F3-B5FE0117C263.jpeg
F4C60761-9D8B-48EB-A578-50AD4826B27C.jpeg
44BAB07D-2519-44C2-A8A7-4ACA1FF8E835.jpeg

I’m all for oiling Paulsons; the colors are much more vibrant afterward. The difference is especially striking after a faux-TSP cleaning, which can leave chips looking very dry and drab.

Even after laying them out and dabbing away any excess, I do give them a thorough rundown with a microfiber cloth once they’ve sat a bit. (This is best done while watching sports or the WSOP...) This has an added cleaning effect and ensures the chips are not over-oiled.

Imperative for all clay (and China clay) chips except Paulsons, which require the oil only if used and cleaned.
Not for ceramics - or plastics of course.
Maximum half a teaspoon of oil on a shoe-shine applicator sponge, good for the edges of 5 barrels (1 rack).
Wipe any excess off the barrels' edges with a soft micro fiber cloth, and then lightly rub the outer perimeter of the faces with the (now slightly oiled) cloth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom