Official WTF spider thread (2 Viewers)

Yeah they sound pretty awful. We have ticks but again not that bad where I live. Lately we’ve been plagued with flood mosquitos. Small, annoying little bastards that are active in daylight. There are other kinds as well but they’re all fairly small. Are the ones in your area big?

Some summers are really bad and others practically nothing. Never know whatcha gonna get.
We vary. We have small ones with black/white striping (they hurt when they bite)
And then we get larger ones on the Eastern shore of md that are more like a bee :nailbite:

We vary. We have small ones with black/white striping (they hurt when they bite)
And then we get larger ones on the Eastern shore of md that are more like a bee :nailbite:
Confirmed. I gotta bath in repellent when playing a golf course with marsh land near Ocean City. Dem bitchs be like pterodactyls
357A1C65-1AD4-43FA-ABD8-F4F6B5C8FD90.gif

Oh one of those corn spiders (idk what they're really called lol)
I love those guys they make awesome webs and I love when they bounce! Super friendly too!
We call them writing spiders in our parts. Rumor has it if you piss them off they write your name in the web and you die.

I love these spiders. They are pretty cool.

We call them writing spiders in our parts. Rumor has it if you piss them off they write your name in the web and you die.

I love these spiders. They are pretty cool.
No kidding, never heard that one!
They are definitely very cool. I always enjoyed watching them hunt, they were very useful around the barn so we never disturbed them or killed them if they weren't directly in the way

Not my photo, but we get a lot of these golden orbs around my suburb with monster webs in amongst the bushes. I annihilated a few nests on the side of my house this summer.

These are the spiders that creep me out the most I think. Fortunately I've never seen one anywhere near this big, but they do get much larger than i a comfortable being near.
Screenshot_20200502_100834.jpg

Found some nope ropes splitting wood today... left them wide open to the freezing temps tonight!

20201229_152532.jpg
20201229_152547.jpg
20201229_152942.jpg

I think most of this thread is about bitching about miniscule creatures (with the brilliant exception of the sturdy, healthy animals contributed by @Big Jilm and @Perthmike ) :LOL: :laugh:

In my village, as city-dwellers and hence occasional vacationers, we always search, upon entering a house deserted for months, for things like the following (under something or behind something):
Scoriion Epirus.jpg
Scorion Epiurus II.jpg

They won't supposedly kill a human weighing over 55lbs, unless you are allergic (and because you don't know, you 'd better carry anti-histamine and cortizone pills with you, especially if alone, so you can drive to the nearest health centre, without killing people on the road, out of unconsciousness).

Everybody has been observing safety rules [we do NOT put on any cloth and wear any shoe before examining it; we do NOT use towels before examining them; beds and blankets will NOT touch walls] in the village for centuries, so, in my life span, I 've known of just three scorpion bites. None of them lethal; actually, my elderly uncle got rid forever of his arthritis pain.

My late father made fun of my Athens City -raised late (admittedly heroic:LOL: :laugh: ) mother. He said: "Getting hysterical about a scorpion on the ceiling is just like getting hysterical about cars in the street, while on a sidewalk cafe".
Truth is he was right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom