Official Show-Off Thread (1 Viewer)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever have something that you wanted to brag to people about but were afraid of being called a pretentious douchebag? Perhaps you downplayed it to look more humble, when in reality you were really proud to have it. Well, this is the place for you.

A few examples of what I mean:
  • Big ass house
  • Expensive vehicles (cars, bikes, boats, planes, etc)
  • Cool collections (avoid chip pr0n unless it is a ridiculous hoard)
  • Beautiful spouse (not just because you have to say that, but like "holy shit, why are they with me when they belong in a magazine?")
  • Anything else that your family and neighbors hate on you for.
Why did I create this thread? Because I enjoy you fine folks and want to celebrate your successes, regardless of what some people may think. This is a judgment free zone, so be tacky and post your gawdy shit so we can all envy you.

(P.S. No dick pics please. I'm sure it is amazing, but most of us are stuck with "extra medium" and don't want to be embarrassed)

This dude...

IMG_20190608_082245.jpg

I suspect that a lot of things that might be mentioned in this thread have already been covered in other threads, including views from the window, things that make you happy, assorted vehicle threads, etc.

But I'll throw in a shot of the most beautiful bike I've ever owned. 998 ccs of rorty-snortin' performance.

If you don't think it's drop-dead gorgeous, then you just have horrible taste. :cool

And the car that goes with it:

Surprisingly, I still have a Florida driver's license, with (almost?) no points on it...

I suspect that a lot of things that might be mentioned in this thread have already been covered in other threads, including views from the window, things that make you happy, assorted vehicle threads, etc.

But I'll throw in a shot of the most beautiful bike I've ever owned. 998 ccs of rorty-snortin' performance.

View attachment 297041

If you don't think it's drop-dead gorgeous, then you just have horrible taste. :cool

And the car that goes with it:

View attachment 297042

View attachment 297043

Surprisingly, I still have a Florida driver's license, with (almost?) no points on it...

I'm surprised that you didn't get the "beast" version. I thought about it, but decided I didn't want to pay $3,500 for a brake job.
White version.

My 911 (997) Carrera GTS put to good use, at the Nuerburgring Nordschleife, some years ago.
More proud to have been able to drive her competently fast on racetracks, than to have bought her.
Last 911 model with hydraulically (not electrically) assisted steering. You can feel the road's texture in your palms.
Limited Slip Differential too, blocking 28% at throttle-on and 40% at lift-off. Nice. :)

Carrera 911 Nuerburgring.jpg

I'm surprised that you didn't get the "beast" version. I thought about it, but decided I didn't want to pay $3,500 for a brake job.

You hit the nail on the head. Not just the $35K extra to get the QV, but all those insane maintenance costs, just like a BMW M3 (been there, done that). Too many low-production, non-standard power train parts. With the Centerline exhaust and a few other tweaks, this one's in the 310-320 hp range, which is plenty. I'm not tracking it, other than club days.

@pltrgyst
Alfisti club track day in Serres circuit, Macedonia, Greece.
Serres.png

This Alfetta GTV-based Turbodelta has been upgraded from "stradale" to pure race car and given the name Monica :)
Alfisti5.jpg

More pics in attachment.

Attachments

• Alfisti1.jpg
    Alfisti1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Alfisti2.jpg
    Alfisti2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Alfisti3.jpg
    Alfisti3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Alfisti4.jpg
    Alfisti4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 83
I designed this guitar in conjunction with the builder—and my friend—Steve of Maximum Guitar Works in Golden, CO. I named it Gracie, after my wife. The “Tahitian Coral” color is a classic car color from the ‘50’s, and is her favorite. Absolutely gorgeous, and a joy to play!

I designed this guitar in conjunction with the builder—and my friend—Steve of Maximum Guitar Works in Golden, CO. I named it Gracie, after my wife. The “Tahitian Coral” color is a classic car color from the ‘50’s, and is her favorite. Absolutely gorgeous, and a joy to play!
View attachment 297068
View attachment 297069View attachment 297070View attachment 297072
Absolutely beautiful, man!
Full marks from me.:tup: I 'd even give you a distinction if you first made the guitar and then picked up a name-sake wife:LOL: :laugh:

Huh -- a Chrysler color, eh? I don't think I've ever seen it before on a car.

That guitar looks like a rock-solid piece of engineering, though!
As my wife and I were driving through Missouri on our way to Colorado to get the guitar, we actually passed this car at a little roadside shop. I should’ve driven back and gotten a pic of the guitar and car together, but weather was better to the north. 1955 Mercury Montclair, if I remember correctly.

Wife traded in her Porsche Macan for a fully loaded 2019 Rubicon. Absolutely zero regrets. This thing is a beast and a ton of fun.
20190609_162940.jpg

20190609_162903.jpg

File this one under "big ass house". 5200 sq ft + 2500 in the basement, with only wife and I + 4 dogs. Currently have 3 tables in the basement, but it could accommodate 10+. Last week, I walked into a bathroom that I didn't even know I had. Some of the ovens in my kitchens still have booklets in them (ok, I only have one kitchen...for now :cool).

Not bad for a scumbag from Philly who was born in a shitty row home and a wife raised in trailers in Arkansas. Neighbors think we are trash, but we just live it up, expecting someone to come take it all away.

2fd5848ec418f3db78793e18ff7b673cl-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

DJI_0229-1613652.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, "Rubicon" is a violent vandal communist group in Greece, unfortunately tolerated -aganist the Law- by the (outgoing at last:tup:) communist administration, here.

Wife traded in her Porsche Macan for a fully loaded 2019 Rubicon. Absolutely zero regrets. This thing is a beast and a ton of fun. View attachment 297132

View attachment 297133

File this one under "big ass house". 5200 sq ft + 2500 in the basement, with only wife and I + 4 dogs. Currently have 3 tables in the basement, but it could accommodate 10+. Last week, I walked into a bathroom that I didn't even know I had. Some of the ovens in my kitchens still have booklets in them (ok, I only have one kitchen...for now :cool).

Not bad for a scumbag from Philly who was born in a shitty row home and a wife raised in trailers in Arkansas. Neighbors think we are trash, but we just live it up, expecting someone to come take it all away.

View attachment 297156

View attachment 297157
Ain’t no party like a Nouveau Riche party!

(So I’ve heard—I could fit seven of my houses inside your amazing place. :D)

Live it up, brother!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom