Official Masters Thread (2 Viewers)

I think you are right... but you never know. Bogey, Bogey is not a good look for Matsuyama. Playoff with Zalatoris?

What could have been... Sigh!
When he struck it, and I saw the sand come up, I was in here yelling, “he hit it fat!” Didn’t realize he had taken that aggressive a line.
I think you are right... but you never know. Bogey, Bogey is not a good look for Matsuyama. Playoff with Zalatoris?
He’s gonna have to blow it on 18. I don’t think he will. Think he shoots 72 today.

i don’t know how Xander can refocus. That has to hurt. I feel terrible for him

That was a CRAZY back 9! Another awesome Masters in the books! Congrats Hideki

1618182451079.png

(photo courtesy of Sports Illustrated twitter account)

I'm super happy for Hideki. That was a great tourney for him. It was awesome to see him get emotional on his walk back to the clubhouse. That feeling must be immense.

I'm super happy for Hideki. That was a great tourney for him. It was awesome to see him get emotional on his walk back to the clubhouse. That feeling must be immense.
I honestly don't know how they hold it together so well. I would literally be in floods of tears walking up that 18th about to win it all.

Haven’t even touched my drink since the start of the back 9. It’s been crazy!

I honestly don't know how they hold it together so well. I would literally be in floods of tears walking up that 18th about to win it all.
I could never win this event. I’d be so nervous on the 18th tee box that I’d probably make quad.

Agreed. Although, to be honest, I'd be in tears just to play a round there. ;)
True, true!

I could never win this event. I’d be so nervous on the 18th tee box that I’d probably make quad.
OK, serious question (I'm not sure what handicap you play off): you're in Hideki's shoes playing that approach to 18. Reckon you could do it in four shots to win like he did?

True, true!

OK, serious question (I'm not sure what handicap you play off): you're in Hideki's shoes playing that approach to 18. Reckon you could do it in four shots to win like he did?
Absolutely not! Given the situation. On a regular day playing skins with my friends, probably, but given the magnitude of that situation, I seriously doubt it.

Given the situation, Hideki is 134 from the pin, and I’ll assume its not wayyyyyy uphill. I need bogey there, so my plan is to play to the right center of the green and run it off the little hill that takes the ball down that way. 134 is a little bit more than a PW for me so I’m going to hit a 9i toward the back of the green. Literally going to use every stroke available to me in that situation. That would be my strategy. Execution is a different story lol

Given the situation, Hideki is 134 from the pin, and I’ll assume its not wayyyyyy uphill. I need bogey there, so my plan is to play to the right center of the green and run it off the little hill that takes the ball down that way. 134 is a little bit more than a PW for me so I’m going to hit a 9i toward the back of the green. Literally going to use every stroke available to me in that situation. That would be my strategy. Execution is a different story lol
My strategy: 8 iron to the heart of the green; hope it runs down off that bank; dodgy three-putt bogey.

My actual execution: 8 iron into the bunker; thin the bunker shot across the green; duff my chip; another chip to the heart of the green; three-putt quad bogz.

Congrats to Hideki. He deserved his first major win! I was feeling so nervous for him on the last couple holes lol.

I have been doing this over 20 years and its a sad day when I receive the notice. I was lucky to score Wednesday practice session about 3 years ago but alas, denied again . . .
SmartSelect_20210721-091109_Email.jpg

Going to the practice round tomorrow. Will be the third time I’ve been there, all practice rounds. But last time I went is 2016. We’ll see the ball skip across the pond on 16, eat $1.50 pimento cheese sandwiches, $5.00 beer/souvenir plastic cups, and hit up the gift shop. But wondering if there are anything else that we should do? Oh yeah, see some golf.

Going to the practice round tomorrow. Will be the third time I’ve been there, all practice rounds. But last time I went is 2016. We’ll see the ball skip across the pond on 16, eat $1.50 pimento cheese sandwiches, $5.00 beer/souvenir plastic cups, and hit up the gift shop. But wondering if there are anything else that we should do? Oh yeah, see some golf.
This is awesome. Don’t forget to have some fun man! I’m sure that’s a GREAT experience!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom