Official Four Suits Mold Interest Thread! (1 Viewer)

One of the things that I didn't even think about was that, since this will be a completely new mold with a recess, we could have the recess be as large or small as we would all like. I, personally, would like to see the area for the label the same size as a Paulson RHC recess, but I would also love to hear what you guys think!

If I may make a suggestion, I think a little bit more face between the bottom of the 4suits and recess might be good.

loc11rHh.jpg

One of the things that I didn't even think about was that, since this will be a completely new mold with a recess, we could have the recess be as large or small as we would all like. I, personally, would like to see the area for the label the same size as a Paulson RHC recess, but I would also love to hear what you guys think!
The smaller the recess compared to the chip diameter, the better the resulting weight, sound, feel, and surface friction of the chips.

The 43mm chip with small 25mm recess is the rock-solid hybrid king for this reason, and the smaller diameter 39mm Sun--Fly hybrids with larger 28mm recess (emulating the RHC look) totally suck -- a stack of 'em are very lightweight, super-slippery, and sound like plastic. All of the other size combo variations fall somewhere in-between.

Do what you want, but don't say I didn't warn ya beforehand. :p

The smaller the recess compared to the chip diameter, the better the resulting weight, sound, feel, and surface friction of the chips.

The 43mm chip with small 25mm recess is the rock-solid hybrid king for this reason, and the smaller diameter 39mm Sun--Fly hybrids with larger 28mm recess (emulating the RHC look) totally suck -- a stack of 'em are very lightweight, super-slippery, and sound like plastic. All of the other size combo variations fall somewhere in-between.

Do what you want, but don't say I didn't warn ya beforehand. :p

Maybe a smaller recess and a larger chip face is the way to go for these then.

A custom mold hybrid with the 25mm recess would be a 1st too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom