Official Dungeons & Dragons Thread... (3 Viewers)

Continuing work on my first campaign map. Set in the border lands between The Dales and the Anauroch Desert.

I tried to copy the current 5e setup of cities and landmarks, but also added in locations of Ancient Netherese ruins based on the glory ages of the Empire.

I added the Woksberg River back in (again from the original empire) and created a new settlement of Haslon near the Mines of Tethyamar and the Border Forest, as the desert has ceased it's growth and settlers are trying to reclaim the lands.

Region_Dalelands.jpg

Based on some feedback I received in a D&D Map group online I added some outlines to the text to help them pop, and changed up the road/pathways design as well. Plus I discovered filters in the mapping program and really liked the Clarity one for this map (although I'll share some other neat filters like parchment, etc as well)

Region_Dalelands.jpg

Here's Faded and Parchment

Region_Dalelands_faded.jpg

Region_Dalelands_parchment.jpg

But then as I was screwing around I found Old Paper and increased the intensity on it and really liked it, think this is the style I'm gonna go with:

Region_Dalelands_old_paper.jpg

I scaled back my local region map a bit since this will be my first time as a DM. Also starting to get interested in the old Dwarven Kingdom that occupied Tethyamar and plan to get more in-depth into their abandoned locations under the Desertmouth Mountains.

And wiped my old map for the city of Haslon, since it didn't flow as well I thought being too perfectly square, so it's still a work-in-progress but here's my maps so far

Region_Dalelands.jpg

Haslon_Area.jpg

I used to play D&D in the 90’s with my older sister, younger brother, our best friend, and a few others we grew up with. Every saturday we would take the train and bus for an hour to meet and play for hours. After a few hours we’d call a break and walk down the block for a Dunkin’ Donuts feast (the other D&D).
They were the best times ever.

I still have my sets of dice, old character sheets, and some manuals too.

I scaled back my local region map a bit since this will be my first time as a DM. Also starting to get interested in the old Dwarven Kingdom that occupied Tethyamar and plan to get more in-depth into their abandoned locations under the Desertmouth Mountains.

And wiped my old map for the city of Haslon, since it didn't flow as well I thought being too perfectly square, so it's still a work-in-progress but here's my maps so far

View attachment 709971

View attachment 709970
This is really cool, but what's the deal with the three short rivers that don't go anywhere?

Had to make 4 separate battle maps and print them out and place next to each other, using the largest grid size to accommodate miniatures

Still a LONG way off from running a campaign, but making progress

Screenshot_20210607-123719_Gallery.jpg

Here's the first encounter I've crafted for that map. It'll be for (4) first-level characters to start the campaign off with some action straight away (then they'll deal with the town under siege)

Any input on this encounter? I figured with the guards assisting the party can handle it, although the Thug character will be a bit tough (the thug/bandit are all "slavers" but I'm just using the stat blocks for those characters instead)

1.png
THUG.png
Bandit.png
Guard.png

I used to play D&D in the 90’s with my older sister, younger brother, our best friend, and a few others we grew up with. Every saturday we would take the train and bus for an hour to meet and play for hours. After a few hours we’d call a break and walk down the block for a Dunkin’ Donuts feast (the other D&D).
They were the best times ever.

I still have my sets of dice, old character sheets, and some manuals too.

I played, well, longer ago than that.

My mom called the game "argue and fight", not D&D.

I became a lawyer. I blame Gary Gygax.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom