Odd ball denoms for a cash game (1 Viewer)

Poker Jedi

Pair
Reaction score
Just thought of a odd set of denoms that is playable

This gives you 5x 4x 5x

Maybe not the most practical but playable...

Just random thoughts

Playable, in that they are the right spread, but what game would you play with them? 1/2.50 NL/PL? And play with a ton of 2.50 chips?

Playable, in that they are the right spread, but what game would you play with them? 1/2.50 NL/PL? And play with a ton of 2.50 chips?
Maybe. Could also do .50 1.00 NL or 1/3 both useing 2 chips.

Just a fun thought. I like oddball denoms because you it makes betting interesting. That said it's probably not the most practical breakdown.

Anyone else got a strange breakdown of denoms they like? Saw a thread where someone uses a 12.5 cent chip or half quarter

It's a great set for a .50 / 1.00 NL game, or a 1/2 limit game - .50 small blind, the small bet is two chips, the big bet is four chips.

Or 2.50 / 5.00 Limit game.... you can play a 2-chip $1 small blind with it.

It's a great set for a .50 / 1.00 NL game, or a 1/2 limit game - .50 small blind, the small bet is two chips, the big bet is four chips.

50c - $2 - $10 - $50 works much better for those games than using snappers. This is one great way to use a single chip set for both cash and tournament without any of the denominations seeing double-duty.

50c - $2 - $10 - $50 works much better for those games than using snappers.

Now,I thought I'd just been chastised in another thread for suggesting a single-check big bet in a limit game... at lot of people insist that betting four chips is far superior.

(I'm fine with either, mind you.)

Now,I thought I'd just been chastised in another thread for suggesting a single-check big bet in a limit game... at lot of people insist that betting four chips is far superior.

(I'm fine with either, mind you.)

I agree that the only need in limit is an unending supply of a single denomination. I prefer the 3/6 structure myself, but 20/40 plays nice with reds. 15/30 is still my favorite for some reason.

I think this set for a .50/1 set would be pretty cool actually. and the .10/.50/2/10 makes an ok .10/.20 micro set., but I'd still rather play this with .05/.25/1/5/25, as my .05/.10 game playes on thursday nights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom