Octagon padded rail question (1 Viewer)

stonker

Two Pair
Reaction score
I just looked at all 25 pages of the Table Showcase thread and didn’t see an example of what I’m thinking.
How do you think it would look if I were to make a rail with the external profile an octagon and a round internal profile? I was hoping to see one to see how it looks.

I think it would be unnecessarily confining on the players. It pretty much eliminates the advantages of a circular rail.

Probably a good reason you didn't find an example in 25 pages worth of table pics.

I think it would be unnecessarily confining on the players. It pretty much eliminates the advantages of a circular rail.

Probably a good reason you didn't find an example in 25 pages worth of table pics.
I guess I should have given more details about the project. A friend of mine has a 48" octagon table that has no padded rail. He is happy with the shape and size for the space he has but would like to add a rail. I told him I could help him out when the weather gets nicer. My thoughts were to match the outside of the rail to the table shape but make the inside round. I was hoping to find an example of one already done but couldn't find one, so I made a couple quick models to get an idea what it would look like. I think I like the round inside one better. I also think it would be easier to wrap the vinyl with the round inside.

What do you guys think?

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Here you go, two oldie but goodie examples (not mine):

octagon_example1.jpg
octagonss1.jpg

The inside corners on an octagon/hexagon table (with inside angles) are the most difficult spots to pull correctly, without showing the tear. By far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom