NYT Spelling Bee (1 Viewer)

FestiveKnight

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else play this? Fiancée and I play every day. We’re on about a month long streak of genius rank every day but no queen bee rank yet :(

For those that don’t know, the New York Time has a daily game called Spelling Bee where you get 7 letters and have to make as many words as possible. All words have to use the central letter and be at least 4 letters long. So for today it’s:

AE27D407-E71A-491A-A8F2-F6F3BB5A19A1.jpeg

There’s then also a grid you can reference for hints on the words:

14625452-53E1-4A62-AEF5-9805695EB54B.jpeg

And lastly, the words are scored with 4 letter words being worth 1 point and longer words worth their length in points. Based on the available words each day there’s a ranking based on points you achieve. If you get all the words you get “Queen Bee” rank.

3A89E052-DFED-46C6-92B5-1C06EF09B9D3.jpeg

I thought it could be fun to have a thread for this if there’s others who play. Please keep any discussion of the live game in spoilers but anything from previous days is fair game.

Yesterday was a really close one, got everything except “anyhoo”…. was proud of “peahen” and “paean” which we got after a lot of messing around for sounds.

For today we’re just stuck on GA6 and VE6 but I don’t think we’re gonna get em. No hints please!!!! (Or keep discussion of todays game in spoilers)

I used to play this every day for over a year--I love it, but I got burned out and/or busy with other things. It's a great vocabulary puzzle.

I just tried it. I typed in a handful of 4 letter words that were accepted and then submitted a 9 letter word which was accepted but then the game kicked me out and now I'm required to pay $ and subscribe if I want to keep playing... Booo...

I just tried it. I typed in a handful of 4 letter words that were accepted and then submitted a 9 letter word which was accepted but then the game kicked me out and now I'm required to pay $ and subscribe if I want to keep playing... Booo...
We love these types of things so the cost was a no brainer but I do feel like they should give you at least one full day free, they cut you off really quick on the “trial”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom