NYC Neighborhood Tribute Mockup (1 Viewer)

A white based $1 might solve your problems, but I'm sure that's not where you want to go....
That’s *originally* where I wanted to go... 3 racks of Jack Cinci $1s would’ve been perfect, but as I built out the set more, I picked up exclusively leaded, exc/mint THCs. I’d feel like a shnook paying a massive premium to pick up used, unleaded chips, and I don’t think there are many great condition, leaded white THCs floating around too often

I might try trading the Tahoes for some white THCs if I can. Trying to avoid the Paulson fantasy lines though, because those comprise the rest of the THCs less one denom.

With the exception of the $100, the set is finalized... My initial leanings on the $100 were to make all 3+ digit denoms 43mm, but I need like 3.5 barrels of $100s, so that would get perilously expensive. I have a couple potential trades in the works, and a few ideas if they fall through, but I'm nowhere near set yet. if you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Here's the lineup with photos and rationale for why I went with those chips

Denom25¢$1$5$20$100$500$1000$5000
Base ChipPyramid/CDI98 $1Bally's $1VLV $5/German Shepherd $5CDI98/FLV $1k, CDM 5~~TBD~~BTP 500HS CLE $1kHS Cici $5k
Photo IMG_4098.JPGIMG_4467.JPGIMG_3713.jpgIMG_4099.JPG???????IMG_3820.PNGIMG_4084.JPGIMG_3911.JPG
RationaleGreat frac, obviously, but the edgespots recall two key colors any Papaya King aficionado knows: the yellow of the branding, and the orangish-red of the Strawberry Fields drinkRealistically there's no real rationale beyond the fact that these were the only white THCs I could get reasonably, but gun to my head the best rationale would be "they're beautiful chips"Again, not much rationale here either beyond the fact that they were readily available red THCs (leaded, no less!) that I could look forward to grabbing more of somewhat easily in the futureThese are the main event of the set. The yellow reminds us of the yellow covering every inch of the joint, while the edgespots look like they were pulled straight off the neon "Papaya King" sign.The perfect chip for this setThe edgespots look like deli mustard and relish, AKA the perfect garnish on a frankPapaya King is famous just as much for their papaya drink as they are their frankfurters. The orange reminds me of Nature's Revitalizing Beverage(TM), and the edgespots remind me of the colors of a hotdog--beige for the bun and brown for the frankAgain, the edgespots recall the components of a frank

I think if I want to get the most out of the design elements I want, 2 sides is going to have to happen.

That being said, my latest draft hasn’t factored in the mascot/logo. I think this draft would look goofy with a cartoon papaya on either side, but I’m very much considering two-sided chips still.

Another idea I had last night, with this new draft in mind, was to have a different neighborhood place with sentimental value as the background watermark on each denom—things like the 59th St Bridge, my lifelong apartment building, where I went to college, and Epstein’s mansion (I’m kidding joking)

Let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 659545
Do you need the bridge in detail? Could you just use the architectural elements instead? Maybe just a really clean outline of the top?

For example, the blue arc on this inlay is a dam from one of the sides.
CdB-10_inlay-orange.png

Waiting on the inlay design from Tim, but I've been playing around with the Fantasy Chip Tool so here's the lineup.... Finalized, finally!

Just realized that I don't even have a $25 but that's what I drafted for the inlay originally lol

1620517032226.png

Attachments

• 1620516855679.png
    1620516855679.png
    708.8 KB · Views: 55
I think the darker green makes the letters really hard to see. Also, I kind of like the cleaner design without the bridge in the background, sometimes less is more. If you still want to use the bridge, I would say make it slightly lighter or even consider the suggestion of @warma to just use the architectural elements instead, perhaps something a bit simpler and more streamlined (a shadow?) I've been following this thread and it's a great idea!

+1 for dogs with kraut or mustard. I'll pass on the relish though.

I think the darker green makes the letters really hard to see. Also, I kind of like the cleaner design without the bridge in the background, sometimes less is more. If you still want to use the bridge, I would say make it slightly lighter or even consider the suggestion of @warma to just use the architectural elements instead, perhaps something a bit simpler and more streamlined (a shadow?) I've been following this thread and it's a great idea!

+1 for dogs with kraut or mustard. I'll pass on the relish though.
I’m inclined to agree. Think I’ll have it done slightly lighter.
What happened with the happy little papaya? How about a happy hot dog replacement?
Buddy,,, you haven’t seen the Dealer or High Hand buttons yet...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom