GB Completed COMPLETE *NO NEW ORDERS* - 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock Group Buy (2 Viewers)

Which game should be produced as the final game plaque?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright gang, we have an update!

The good news: the order shipped! It is coming air-freight from China, and DHL says it should arrive 4/30. I will get the packing materials this week and prepared, and if it's on time I'll do my best to ship them next weekend. I haven't ever shipped this many individual packages before so I imagine they may go out over a few days. But it's happening!

The not so good news: after placing the order, the silver discount wasn't applied. I reached out to customer support to find out what was happening, and now they are saying well no, you're not actually eligible on this order because you achieve silver tier AFTER a $3K order so you'll be eligible next time. This is really frustrating because it occurred to me this may be the policy, so I checked with them before placing the order and they said I would get it and even told me the exact dollar amount. So I'm pushing back obviously, but I'm dealing with some customer support desk many time zones away, so it's one email with one reply per day -- so not sure whether it will be successful. It's so annoying. The impact of this is about $1.50 per set, but for US buyers we remain well below my initial estimate so we're still ahead of plan. For international buyers we had some really expensive shipping estimates that I've been dealing with in PM. I know it's expensive to Paypal small amounts so I will just eat the any difference this causes in the event I can't get them to cough up the discount. There aren't that many international orders so it's not a big deal.

Anyway I'll keep you posted on whether I can be annoying enough to pry loose the discount.

Only just saw this now! If there are any extras or someone nice is willing to give up one if they ordered multiples, please let me know.

Alright gang, we have an update!

The good news: the order shipped! It is coming air-freight from China, and DHL says it should arrive 4/30. I will get the packing materials this week and prepared, and if it's on time I'll do my best to ship them next weekend. I haven't ever shipped this many individual packages before so I imagine they may go out over a few days. But it's happening!

The not so good news: after placing the order, the silver discount wasn't applied. I reached out to customer support to find out what was happening, and now they are saying well no, you're not actually eligible on this order because you achieve silver tier AFTER a $3K order so you'll be eligible next time. This is really frustrating because it occurred to me this may be the policy, so I checked with them before placing the order and they said I would get it and even told me the exact dollar amount. So I'm pushing back obviously, but I'm dealing with some customer support desk many time zones away, so it's one email with one reply per day -- so not sure whether it will be successful. It's so annoying. The impact of this is about $1.50 per set, but for US buyers we remain well below my initial estimate so we're still ahead of plan. For international buyers we had some really expensive shipping estimates that I've been dealing with in PM. I know it's expensive to Paypal small amounts so I will just eat the any difference this causes in the event I can't get them to cough up the discount. There aren't that many international orders so it's not a big deal.

Anyway I'll keep you posted on whether I can be annoying enough to pry loose the discount.
@power13 I'm willing to help you eat your added expenses should they be realized. The guy doing all the work deserves a break!

Thanks for the nice notes everyone. Let's see how things shake out with makeplayingcards.com. The ones who should be covering our international friends are the ones who just got a $3600 order in my opinion!

They're here and look great! Below are some quick unboxing pictures. I have all the packing supplies to get started. Unfortunately this has been another crazy week at work - I'm 60 hours in already and working all weekend. If things clear up on Sunday I will get started on the pack, but realistically this is going to happen over the next week. Sorry for the delay, but we are still ahead of schedule!

PXL_20210501_135108440.jpg

PXL_20210501_135141116.jpg

PXL_20210501_135152140.jpg

PXL_20210501_135204066.jpg

PXL_20210501_135156040.jpg

PXL_20210501_135447479.jpg

PXL_20210501_135516638.jpg

One other update: after about 6 rounds of back and forth with the manufacturer, they agreed to apply the silver discount! I believe I have all the packing supplies so I'm going to get all the orders out and then I will finalize all the accounting on this and rebate back the overpayments as discussed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom