Not really impressed with tournament director software. Any interest in this? (1 Viewer)

Throughout my experience... if you don't like TD, then you haven't learnt how to use it to its potential.

It is literally customizable to whatever you want.

If you have any questions... Cory the creator is very responsive through email and extremely helpful.

Love the product, just takes some time to learn as it is very comprehensive

Throughout my experience... if you don't like TD, then you haven't learnt how to use it to its potential.

If you have any questions... Cory the creator is very responsive through email and extremely helpful.

I have to agree with this. I will say that TD is using some older code, but I Know Cory is working on an updated version that is going to add some new features.

Be cool if there was a version for Mac.

Did this project ever get off the ground?
Don’t think so but my sources are telling me we may all have the opportunity to talk directly to a developer of an already existing app very soon and offer input and ideas on changes, improvements and bells and whistles on a new version for ios, android and, I think, PC. Stay tuned.

Don’t think so but my sources are telling me we may all have the opportunity to talk directly to a developer of an already existing app very soon and offer input and ideas on changes, improvements and bells and whistles on a new version for ios, android and, I think, PC. Stay tuned.
Don't tell me it's a great all-you-can-eat buffet, then tell me it's closed. I'm 55 year old and already have had enough dreams crushed.

I've had all the same issues so am building out something damn similar (monsteraa.com) with a friend. We're a two man team atm so we're not lightning fast. and still a while away from a proper product launch. But... you're all welcome to have a chat with me if you're looking for any specific features.

Have been learning TD lately and I'm very impressed by the level of customization and granularity it offers you. So many options you can apply.

That being said, you could make legitimate gripes with the UI. For users less experienced with conditionals/logic, following syntax, editing config files, etc. it can be pretty unintuitive. Most users probably just need an easy way to set up a simple template, and a minority use all the features on offer.

Still, I like the idea of software that's complex to handle all the applicable cases. Also single purchase software instead of a subscription is a rarity nowadays and greatly appreciated

I built two turnkey DIY website design companies long before Wix and Squarespace ever existed. My audience was CPAs, doctors and dentists....not website savvy people. We created solutions that were dummy proof simple, and yet the websites looked amazing and were loaded with cool features. The simplicity of the GUI is paramount in consumer facing software. If the software is difficult or confusing to use, you can be 99% certain a programmer designed the GUI. We had a saying in my company..."Build it for Bubba."

I built two turnkey DIY website design companies long before Wix and Squarespace ever existed. My audience was CPAs, doctors and dentists....not website savvy people. We created solutions that were dummy proof simple, and yet the websites looked amazing and were loaded with cool features. The simplicity of the GUI is paramount in consumer facing software. If the software is difficult or confusing to use, you can be 99% certain a programmer designed the GUI. We had a saying in my company..."Build it for Bubba."
1000% this! My GUI skills are terrible but I can wrangle any backend or database into submission. What's scary is that I was also a better GUI designer than most of the firms contracted at my last job. :cautious:

@Tonysquander any update on what you were referring to?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom