Not Poker Specific but Gambling Related: Draft Kings Winners of $1mm Investigated for Collusion (1 Viewer)

Moxie Mike

Full House
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-bac...to-win-1-m-daily-fantasy-prize-234640080.html

TL:DR: A husband and wife bought the max # of entries (150) at $20 apiece on each of their own respective accounts and the wife won the top prize. Turns out of the 300 entries, 298 of them were completely unique. Collusion between users is explicitly prohibited in the ToS.

I know NOTHING about DFS. So my questions is how much of an advantage did they really gain? Was spending $6k to get ~300 unique entries +EV?

Lastly, the winner(s) are both former multiple-season Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants. This detail is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that mr. was using wife’s account to double his number of entries. The EV is located from all the dead money in tournaments like this. Just like rebuys help pros in poker tourneys.

I don't know how it works... what do you mean by 'dead money'?

I don't know how it works... what do you mean by 'dead money'?

people attracted to the big payouts that have no clue how to properly build a lineup And thus virtually no chance of winning. “Soft” fields. Just like the wsop me.

Let me take a swing at this @Moxie Mike . Perhaps the DFS host (we'll say DraftKings.com) as an example, has added "X" amount into the prize-pool to incentivize more participation. In other words, there's 300 total entries at $20/per equals $6,000 investment. But, maybe DraftKings added $1,000 into the prize pool as incentive, or dead money. If this is the case, the husband and wife would've won $1,000. However, it's important to note that DraftKings.com would've probably taken some sort of vig for running the contest. So, it's hard to say what exactly happened, but one thing is for sure - it probably won't happen again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom