• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Not clay, right? (1 Viewer)

Davism72

Flush
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143650984989

I guess maybe I'm the asshole here for telling him what his chips are worth. Still, these chips are plastic, right? I think @allforcharity may know.

1594232196440.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143650984989

I guess maybe I'm the asshole here for telling him what his chips are worth. Still, these chips are plastic, right? I think @allforcharity may know.
Chips are plastic.

Totally out of line for the seller to respond that way with the f* word and such.

I'd be inclined to report him back to eBay for using such language in a reply, if there's anything against it in eBay's Terms of Service.

Just because he can't make a living trying to scam people on eBay by trying to sell overpriced items shouldn't give him permission to treat potential customers that way.

I'd say that selling plastic and claiming it is clay must be against eBay's ToS?
Sure is false representation, but I'm not sure about the statutes of misrepresentation of goods on an auction site. I can sell a mound of dirt from my yard and claim it's authentic Yankee Stadium dirt, and if a sucker buys it, bully for me.

When it comes to poker chips, education and knowing the market and products goes a long way.

Ok, so the clay branding really isn’t an issue. Seems like every manufacturer brands what we call slugged plastic chips as clay composite. Seems like an uphill battle to even bother with clay vs clay composite....what we consider clay from GPI or CPC is not pure clay so even it is technically composite.

The price is what’s a little irksome.

to that end, the sticker you asked him to add has $18.50 original retail price, if anyone wants to pay $150 for used “clay composite” chips that are clearly advertised as<$20 when new...:GLWS i guess

07068141-4032-4A77-B103-FDA818B7F06B.jpeg

When it comes to poker chips, education and knowing the market and products goes a long way.
Agreed.

Here's what I got in response to my concerned educational message:
Thank you! By far the nicest message I've received all day. I just about had it with everyone else. It's interesting because they're so fragile and smudges when it's wet but if plastic chips do that then everyone must be right. I'll just take them off eBay.

You guys must be a bunch of assholes. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom