Norm McDonald RIP (2 Viewers)

For people that haven't really gone down the path of digging into who Norm MacDonald is as a comedian, a career professional, or a person, I'd highly recommend it. He obviously was known for SNL and some of his roles in movies, but he truly was a comedian's comedian, and had a brilliant mind, delivery, and painfully deep understanding of joke building.

RIP to one of the greats.
So true.

"In a recent interview, Christie Brinkley suggested that football players should have special gloves connected to lights on their helmets, that way, when they catch the ball, you'll know who has possession. Read these and other interesting ideas in Christie's new book, I'm An Idiot."

"Yippee! Jerry Rubin died last week! ... Oh ... I'm sorry, that should read “Yuppie Jerry Rubin died last week.”

"It was revealed today that O.J. Simpson told police that Nicole Brown Simpson used to beat him up. He also claimed that she and Ron Goldman killed him."

Surprised this wasn’t posted yet. Some great stories. Norm and Artie use to drop in at the Mayfair Club back in the day. Mayfair story starts around the 10:30 mark.

Last edited:
Norm MacDonald was the most technically perfect comedian of all time. Not even a competition really—both on the surface and under it, every one of Norm’s jokes was a masterclass in comedy. From the form, to the timing, to the ultimate execution, he was unmatched in his ability to tell a joke and make people laugh.

For Norm to be silently undergoing nine years of cancer treatment while never once revealing it, lest he get a pity laugh, is the ultimate testament to the man and comic he was. Norm was far and away my favorite stand-up of all time, and I have faith his legacy will live on forever. He was the dictionary entry for “comic’s comic.”

Norm MacDonald was the most technically perfect comedian of all time. Not even a competition really—both on the surface and under it, every one of Norm’s jokes was a masterclass in comedy. From the form, to the timing, to the ultimate execution, he was unmatched in his ability to tell a joke and make people laugh.

For Norm to be silently undergoing nine years of cancer treatment while never once revealing it, lest he get a pity laugh, is the ultimate testament to the man and comic he was. Norm was far and away my favorite stand-up of all time, and I have faith his legacy will live on forever. He was the dictionary entry for “comic’s comic.”

Preach. I retold one of his jokes to my wife and got an easy laugh. Most of my "material" just gets an eye roll. He is the best of the best.

Artie Lange just posted this - bunch of different Norm stories

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom