Norm Macdonald... (2 Viewers)

Seriously? Haha I've been on a binge watching the seasons (I'm on season 3). I love the announcers right now with Gabe Kaplan leading.

Totally agree that Kaplan and benza are miles ahead of Snooze Macdonald. Macdonald provides nothing of value as far as why the players are betting the way they are and hand analysis

Totally agree that Kaplan and benza are miles ahead of Snooze Macdonald. Macdonald provides nothing of value as far as why the players are betting the way they are and hand analysis

I'll remember this thread when I reach the Norm McDonald season! I just started season 4. Good luck in your weekly tourney.

I think Norm was going for a much more subtle approach like Poker after Dark at that point.

I always liked Kaplan's approach though it seems so old school today.

Both are very talented comics of course. But I admit I have become quite the Normophile in the past few years.

I love Norm, but I agree that he wasn't a good fit here.

Pigeon is much more his style.

Kaplan and Benza had great chemistry. When it was just Kaplan it lost everything. Then Norm just...well you all can see for yourself. :vomit:

Never even liked Norm as a comedian. I just don't click with him.

Gabe was my absolute favorite for poker. Here's my favorite clip:

Norm is the greatest and having the opportunity to listen to him talk about poker should be considered nothing but a blessing. I'd listen to him lecture about accounting ethics, that being said, Gabe Kaplan has the greatest commentator moment of all time when he calls Doyle Brunson a manatee as Doyle walks across frame in the background.

I really like Norm. Never knew he did poker commentary. Will check it out for sure. Gabe kaplan definitely the best commentator for me.

the commentary took a couple steps backwards when Norm started, Gabe and AJ were entertaining and more knowledgeable ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom