Nordic Chips (1 Viewer)

IceViking

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have been messing around with a concept for a norse/viking/valhalla set for a long time now. Both ceramic and clay. An early mock up here. White space would have smaller denom on the front and Valhalla Card Room (or something like that) on the back with a larger denom. Would also look at coloring the Vikings to reflect the chip color. Would love any thoughts or feedback. I'm waiting for sample chips for colors, so I may be modifying that as I go. Chip colors are for reasons (Collage colors, I'm 50% German, High School & MN Vikings Colors, I like orange 1,000 chips, I'm 50% Icelandic).

1612545429411.png

I have been messing around with a concept for a norse/viking/valhalla set for a long time now. Both ceramic and clay. An early mock up here. White space would have smaller denom on the front and Valhalla Card Room (or something like that) on the back with a larger denom. Would also look at coloring the Vikings to reflect the chip color. Would love any thoughts or feedback. I'm waiting for sample chips for colors, so I may be modifying that as I go. Chip colors are for reasons (Collage colors, I'm 50% German, High School & MN Vikings Colors, I like orange 1,000 chips, I'm 50% Icelandic).

View attachment 629588
Should have said that. Yes for Tourney.

Always think about what will happen to the details of your artwork if you shrink the size of the inlay down to the actual size. That was something I found out to be really important.
Greetings from germany!

I'm reminded a little of the 'Great Warriors' set that's in the 'gone but not forgotten' thread:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-with-pr0n-of-over-200-sets.13031/post-213509

That used a bit more of a minimal approach to the different warriors though.

Tend to agree that the level of detail on your mockups probably won't translate too cleanly / clearly to a CPC inlay. Always worth printing the inlay art at scale and remembering that a little of the resolution will be lost to the textured mold recess.

I look forward to seeing how your set develops! :)

Love that Great Warriors Set. Give's me more to think about. Thanks for the feedback!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom